my new dueling tree

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have a Texas Star out at OKCGC ... it is too much fun!! :P

Hmm...next time I get asked to tag along with someone who's a member I'll ask about trying it out. I've wanted to try that since forever! Is that something that you are supposed to use a single action with or any gun?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm...next time I get asked to tag along with someone who's a member I'll ask about trying it out. I've wanted to try that since forever! Is that something that you are supposed to use a single action with or any gun?

You can shoot it with any gun, but if you use a revo there might be a lot of reloading, or not. There is a technique to shoot the star. It all depends on where the top target is located. After the first shot, it starts moving.

I've seen shooters nail it in less than 3 seconds. Most take a bit longer.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my dueling tree finished and tested, works like a charm!

I got the kit from a store on EBay called thetargetman llc.

I got the kit with 8 center fire and 8 rimfire paddles. The centerfire are 6 inch AR500 3/8" thick, and the rimfire are 5.5" A36 3/16" thick.

The first 5 minutes are how it's put together, after that it's showing it in action. First shooting the wife's 10-22, then my G30. Not the slightest dent from the 230 grain round nose at 10 yards.

Fun stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWf3hPmo2rY

I bought some plates from him.

I bought a dueling tree for rimfire from Do-all. It doesn't work well.

I could weld up one like the target man sells.

Latest posts

Top Bottom