My new storm cellar installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two ways the 2 meter can get you into trouble there:

1: You're going to have to wait for all of the old farts to finish talking about their medical problems and tomato plants before they'll let you call for help anyways.

2: You'll get a hold of some ARES whackers who will drive right over with flashy orange lights on top of their cars to get you out. However, your shelter won't be able to support a dozen 500lb men standing on top of it and will collapse.

True.

BigKahuna

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the Shelter. I had it installed before I tiled the garage so that it had a better "seal" and it stays pretty clean. You can also get a magnetic cover for it...

i29.photobucket.com_albums_c253_jasondcunningham_May2009106.jpg

Are you sure that's not your living room? Sweet!

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you register your shelter with OKC, it is entered into a database and is added to the GIS system which is basically a extremely detailed map of the whole city. Each police officer and fire truck has the ability to access this GIS system in their vehicles on their computers. In OKC I would say it's very important to register your shelter.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They all sound good but what if you are Claustrophobic? Not just myself, but others who may suffer from the same malady? Just take a handful of Ativans ??? .... :(

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet if a twister were ripping your house apart, you would gladly overcome the issue.

No kidding ... I won't get in an elevator but if there is a storm coming I'm the first one in the cellar ... It's all about prioritizing. I'm perfectly comfortable walking the stairs, but I'm not real interested in "riding the wind" again ...

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone with a Ground Zero underground garage shelter have any pics of what theirs looks like (inside/outside)??

I've seen a handful of photos from other companies but not of Ground Zero's yet. I know there are some on the website but it seems as though they always look a tad different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom