My new storm cellar installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigman405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After three years of my wife asking me to have one installed it was done yesterday. Got to say it's pretty nice. I was told by my barber that people that have indoor shelters use them to change their oil in their cars. Got to say I'm going to give it a shot. I have to get my money's worth out of the
deal. Thanks Storm Safe.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After three years of my wife asking me to have one installed it was done yesterday. Got to say it's pretty nice. I was told by my barber that people that have indoor shelters use them to change their oil in their cars. Got to say I'm going to give it a shot. I have to get my money's worth out of the
deal. Thanks Storm Safe.

I've used mine to change the oil in my cars. It's pretty nice. You slide it off and no crawling around on the ground. I knock out 3 or 4 cars and I'm not filthy from head to toe. Less tiring also.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After seeing the destruction out in Piedmont during the May 24th tornado I wouldn't want one in my garage. You get inside, the tornado picks up your car and flips it over on top of your hole door. Now you trapped. Don't think it can't happen. Lots of crazy stuff happened out here. I wouldn't want to be trapped in the garage with the house on top of me. Help can be a long time in coming.....

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After seeing the destruction out in Piedmont during the May 24th tornado I wouldn't want one in my garage. You get inside, the tornado picks up your car and flips it over on top of your hole door. Now you trapped. Don't think it can't happen. Lots of crazy stuff happened out here. I wouldn't want to be trapped in the garage with the house on top of me. Help can be a long time in coming.....

One thing people don't know are most underground shelters are gps located. I was told with the Joplin tornado, they had a list of all the homes with shelters and that is where they went first. I would rather be trapped under ground by a car than trapped above ground under a car......The one I'm having installed next week has a come along to winch the door open......and not to insult anyone, but the underground indoor shelters slide open, not lift up like outside shelters....just sayin'.....

I have a family of 5 and bought a shelter that supposed to hold 12 average sized adults. I will stock mine with water, candles, blankets, porta potty, wind up radio/light, and some food. Just in case I get trapped for a couple of days

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing people don't know are most underground shelters are gps located. I was told with the Joplin tornado, they had a list of all the homes with shelters and that is where they went first. I would rather be trapped under ground by a car than trapped above ground under a car......The one I'm having installed next week has a come along to winch the door open......and not to insult anyone, but the underground indoor shelters slide open, not lift up like outside shelters....just sayin'.....

I have a family of 5 and bought a shelter that supposed to hold 12 average sized adults. I will stock mine with water, candles, blankets, porta potty, wind up radio/light, and some food. Just in case I get trapped for a couple of days

put a heavy hammer or sledge in there with it, just in case you get trapped you can make noise.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

i was wondering how well ventilated they are. My friend has one at his house and iv been in it but i have never really been in there a long time. Will you eventually die from carbon monoxide poisoning after a certain amount of time? would the porta potty also increase the rate at which you could suffocate? just thinking out loud hear......sorry if its a bit depressing.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones outside near your house are as likely to be covered in debris. Like was mentioned, no predicting what a tonado will do. And it's kind of nice not getting beat by hail and soaked by rain on the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom