My next gun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Garand or a M1 Carbine is a good choice, they will actually appreciate in value, are good shooters, and are awesome pieces of history. 10/22 is always a good choice but you should consider a lever action .357 too. My wife has one she shoots .38 special through and loves it as do I.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10/22 for the win. Really any good 22 rifle will round out your collection but the 10/22 is a great Christmas gift for the wife and then you get yourself a 30/30.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 10/22 for my wife in 1982. When our oldest son was old enough she gave it to him. We had another son by then and I had my own 10/22. When our second son was old enough he got that one.

I bought myself another one. They were all three bought new.

The one my youngest son has is the best one. It is more accurate and smoother shooting.

Since then I have another one and I put a youth stock on it on the chance that I might teach a youngster some shooting skills.

Buy two 10/22s one for your wife and one for you.

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to say i'm not surprised the 10/22 was suggested but I am shocked by the overwhelming response to it. I know they are great guns and with your suggestions that is the route I am going to go.

Thank you everyone for the insight. I'll have to see if the wife is interested in one for herself, I doubt it as she isn't much of a shooter.

Alvindadio

Reloader
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last couple have been Ruger 22's (Mk III Hunter and 10/22 Takedown) and they are lots of fun, but you might also consider a Beretta CX4 Storm carbine. I have had no problems with mine and I can keep an excellent grouping with it (9mm). It comes in 9mm, .40 or .45ACP, so you can match up with an ammo you already have. I chose the 9mm for the faster bullet speed. You either like the looks or you don't. They are definitely different and get a lot of attention at the range. Field stripping is so simple you'll have no excuses for not cleaning it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom