My next gun...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it's looking like part of that budget will now be occupied by a revolver for my wife. She got a new job in an area shes not comfortable in and her Purple People Eater .22lr isn't something for her to carry.

She likes the LCR so I will probably get one of those and something for me. Still thinking 10/22 but I do have my eyes on a few AK's.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DSC_0041.JPG

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger Mini-14 or Mini-30 + Ruger 77/22 (Check the trigger first. Some are good, and some are not.)

A simple bolt .22, if the stuff really does hit the fan, will be a real conserver of ammo. Mine is extremely accurate since I spent $30 on a new aftermarket sear and sear spring. I can hit a dime at 50 yards if I have something to rest the gun on. Otherwise, I can hit a dump truck at 50 yards. Never been this old before . . .

Or, a Glock in whatever caliber blows your skirt up and the 77/22.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say Ruger Gp100 for the wifey and a savage short action 308. The wife will love the gp100. Its a revolver, easy to load and shoot. The weight will soak up some of the recoil and making for better shots. You can run 38 special if recoil sensitive (like shooting a .22), or you can run 357 mag (my favorite).

A savage short action bolt in .308. It is a good round, and has a lot of aftermarket parts. Including an easy barrel swap to change calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom