My P6 Needs a Refinishing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dionysusigma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as the title says, my Sig P6, the best pistol I've ever owned, needs a refinish. A good deal of the original... "bluing"? ... is gone, and as such (and because it's a Sig) it's rusting more often. Since I like this thing so much, I'd rather get it refinished than get something new. A few questions, though.

Who can refinish it locally? The few suggestions I've heard by word of mouth are either out of state, or they're so back-ordered they have signs up not taking any new work for the rest of the year. I really, really want to keep it local-ish, but am willing to drive as far as Tulsa (I'm in OKC).

What finish is best? I've replaced the grip screws with hard-chromed Hogues, and they've done well so far. I kinda want the barrel, magazine bodies, and internal bits hard-chromed as well, but I also want the external appearance to be as close to possible to the original Sig finish, but far more corrosion resistant and a heck of a lot more durable.

Anyone have any input? Alternate suggestions are also welcome. :)

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a one month window where I am taking work again before my next surgery.

Sorry, I don't do chrome. but hot dip blue is your best bet for a finish and I do that, you might consider parkerizing for the internal parts for long term protection.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig will refinish them and replace all the springs at the same time. I don't remember their pricing but it was much less than I had expected. They also stock brand new grips for them as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom