My political contributions this year are going to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how is it, since the nra is the largest lobbying organization in the u.s., we still have to fill out a form to purchase a firearm? we still have to get state permission to carry a weapon, we were unable to buy "assault weapons" for a decade, we have to pay a 200$ tax to move a silencer, SBR, etc?

what good has the NRA really done? they are a for-profit organization, which is fine, except they use us as shills in their political maneuverings, and our 2nd amendment rights as bait.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why pay the NRA to do what you can do for free. VOTE! Do what you want with your own money, I donate to County commissioners and other local politicians.

I care less what or who gets elected in other states. I want my money going to people and parties that directly affect me.

I dont need to give money to the NRA so they can beg for more to pay off some Senator or Congressman, when i can vote pro 2A politicians in myself.
Voting is good. Donating money is good too. The two are not substitutes for each other.
Keeping NRA powerful is very important at federal level. What happens at the federal level affects us all.
The AWB from 1994 to 2004 affected us all regardless of our state laws.
NRA is very effective at the federal level. It is also somewhat effective at the state level, esp. in states that are relatively bluer. and what happens in these states affects us all to some degree as well since we would all benefit if more states became more pro 2A.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how is it, since the nra is the largest lobbying organization in the u.s., we still have to fill out a form to purchase a firearm? we still have to get state permission to carry a weapon, we were unable to buy "assault weapons" for a decade, we have to pay a 200$ tax to move a silencer, SBR, etc?

what good has the NRA really done? they are a for-profit organization, which is fine, except they use us as shills in their political maneuverings, and our 2nd amendment rights as bait.
You can still buy firearms. You can still buy ar-15 and other semi automatic rifles with large mag caps. You can still buy 50 cal rifles.
without the NRA these would all be gone, as indeed would many more gun rights.
I wouldn't take anything for granted. Our rights are always 3 months away from being not recognized by our federal government.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.
:)

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The NRA is a beast. If it wasn't for the NRA doing what they do, and putting fear in politicians we would have some very strict gun control in place. You're not going to agree with any politician or organization on everything. I think we can all agree that right now we need the NRA battling for our 2nd amendment rights. There is too much talk of gun control going on to ignore it. IF I was to donate any money this political season it would most likely be for someone that I know will go to bat for me like the NRA.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why pay the NRA to do what you can do for free. VOTE! Do what you want with your own money, I donate to County commissioners and other local politicians.

I care less what or who gets elected in other states. I want my money going to people and parties that directly affect me.

I dont need to give money to the NRA so they can beg for more to pay off some Senator or Congressman, when i can vote pro 2A politicians in myself.

But we should care who gets elected in other states. Our Congressional legislators are all pro gun, but they cannot do it by themselves. Each one is just one vote in Congress. They need like minded legislators to vote with them to keep our rights free.

It is good to contribute to local politicians that you support, but they have no influence on our Second Amendment Rights.

Without the NRA, you probably would not even be able to get state permission to carry a firearm and due to the NRA, you can now purchase "assault weapons" because through their efforts, the ban was allowed to die.

They must be a for profit organization to be able to lobby for our gun rights. A non profit 501(c)3 organization is prohibited form being involved in politics. The Friends of NRA cannot and does not allow any political posturing at banquets. Politicians can attend but they cannot speak to the group or even wear their political shirts.

This year, I'm giving directly to B.O.'s campaign. Hopefully, he can add it to his stash.

Too bad, so sad. Apparently you don't really like to own and carry firearms, because BO will be trying to stop that nonsense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom