My political contributions this year are going to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know where I am contributing: the NRA. It seems to be what Boxer, Schumer, etc fear most. I am planning on sending at least $50 bucks over and above my annual membership, maybe even a bit more. $50 is about two boxes of ammo, and I'd rather contribute to the NRA than lose my rights to own those evil hi-cap mags.
These politicians like Chucky only understand the language of moneY, and I know the NRA actively fights these anti-gun folks in all states every time they come up for re-election.
Time to make chucky and boxer and Lautenberg pay for their little grandstanding.

Furthermore, if the NRA reports record receipts this year, guess how many senators will support the UN gun ban treaty? Even fewer than before.

Last edited:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like the constant letters I get from the NRA trying to scare me, either, unless i pay more. It is their job to raise more money and increase membership, and they are not any different from other non-profits in that way.

Also, I don't like the NRA's stance on things like open carry. They seem to pick what they want to support.

Having said that, here are some more facts that make me really want to support them.

1. The left wing politicans in BOTH parties are terrified of the NRA. They are terrified of the $200 million dollars it raises every year and the fact that it spends this money trying to defeat anti-gun senators and congressmen. I firmly believe that it is because of this fear of the NRA that national level politicians on BOTH sides stay far away from anti-gun legislation. This is why the UN gun ban treaty got turned away today. We are always 3 months away from losing our freedoms and have to be eternally vigilant.

2. At the national level, the only organization that has effective publicity and reach in politics is the NRA. While GOA and 2AF are perhaps idealogically purer, they just don't have that reach. Not saying we shouldn't support these latter, but we should not ignore the NRA.

3. I firmly believe that if it was not for the NRA our RKBA would have ceased to be recognized a long time ago. No concealed carry, definite "assault weapons" ban, no semi-automatic weapons, maybe not even multi shot weapons. Ultimately, these politicians do NOT want the unwashed masses to have any weapons, even single shot ones, or they may "hurt themselves". The only thing we got in terms of keeping these folks in line is our vote and the NRA.
Until the early 1980's there was NO concealed carry anywhere till states like Florida decided to take the plunge. And the national media gnashed their teeth and the law enforcement talked of blood on th streets and how their job would be made harder. And look where we are today. We enjoy more gun rights than ever before. We have sports like IDPA and USPSA. we have concealed carry in 49 states. We have open carry in 40+ states, including, finally, Oklahoma! You think all of this just happened by itself? No, it happened because of our votes and political contributions.

4. National level politicans don't really have an idealogy. They want power, and they want to be re-elected. The same guy or gal spouting off how great the 2A is today will easily change their tone tomorrow if that is how they will win. The only thing they understand is "what will help me keep my power".
In national politics, money talks, and ******** walks. And big money left wing contributors know that.

The NRA has 4 million members who, in my opinion, are carrying the weight of all 80 million gun owners. So if you haven't JOINED the NRA yet, my question is "why not?". And that is why I am planning on making my political contributions worth at least two boxes of ammo, this year to the NRA. I believe the NRA will keep Romney, and our fine congressmen and senators in check.
:)

Last edited:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so why not donate to GOA instead of sending your money to an organization more interested in profit than liberty?
Becuase GOA does not have the political impact and reach that the NRA has in effecting legislation that could affect us NOW.
Chris Wallace, the registered Democrat who anchors Fox news sunday, on fox news is now asking Scalia about why 2A means "guns that can shoot a hundred rounds a minute"...whatever that means.
Our freedoms are under attack not just from the left but also from the "moderate" republicans. Bill crystal, another moderate republican on fox news sunday last week, suggested an "assault weapon" ban would be OK by him.
Left wing contributors are spending money already, smelling the chance to start the end of RKBA, by "reasonably banning assault rifles and large cap mags".
:)

Last edited:
F

fredkrueger

Glad you approve of political payoffs.

"Give us your money or you will lose your 2nd amendment"

pfft... whatever.
I would rather pay them money to help fund them to help us out instead of sitting around doing nothing. There are too many people on here that think nothing can be taken away from us. No matter what people on here say, Obama is working tirelessly to take away our gun rights. And if he gets re-elected it will only get worse.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
so why not donate to GOA instead of sending your money to an organization more interested in profit than liberty?

Because nobody, outside of some gun owners, has even heard of them. NRA is an 800# gorilla on the "Hill". Congressman and Senators listen to them or else.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why pay the NRA to do what you can do for free. VOTE! Do what you want with your own money, I donate to County commissioners and other local politicians.

I care less what or who gets elected in other states. I want my money going to people and parties that directly affect me.

I dont need to give money to the NRA so they can beg for more to pay off some Senator or Congressman, when i can vote pro 2A politicians in myself.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I support the NRA also. I believe that's not a popular thing to announce on this forum, but it's tough to argue negatively that the NRA isn't on your side if you support 2A. Yes the send lots of mail and do other annoying things but they are cgenerally OK. Some sportsmen in some states have no 2A positive politicians to pick from. For local or national elections so some times voting is not the only answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom