My side arm was seen today at meeting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an interesting little story which should reveal mindset of people.
I am a retired officer and as such I do carry quiet ofter though concealed as required.
Well to day I was at a civic club meeting of which I am a member and have been for 15 years.
I was passing some literature out and my sweater rode up over my little pop gun, (Bersa .380)
One of the other club members sees it and her eyes nearly flew from the sockets and she points and gasp,
"You've got a gun, Thats a gun! Why do you have a gun?"

Now she has also been a club member for over 10 years and did know I was retired from the job and this was still her reaction.
I simply told he that the parole board and recently notified me a Felon I had locked up years ago was getting out.:blush:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People (scream about a gun) that behave in that fashion annoy me. No I haven't been caught such as that in a concealed carry situation. (Just from stories I have heard) If you knew her very well, you should have visited later and offered to teach her a little about guns.

thecoffin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people seem to fear guns, one because they don't own one and two they think guns kill people. All you ever hear or see about is the bad things bad people do with "good" guns.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mean to be brash. I just view this as the OP graciously "puttin he business out on da streets" for all of us to learn from. be it to learn to better conceal, learn about the reaction of the "sheeple", or to learn how to regain control of the situation. I'm sure he is familiar with the flawed law. (please don't tell me, I KNOW IT IS STILL THE LAW!)

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the reaction of the "sheeple", or to learn how to regain control of the situation. I'm sure he is familiar with the flawed law. (please don't tell me, I KNOW IT IS STILL THE LAW!)

Using little buzz words like this just show that you have a lot of growing up to do. So immature.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from everything else considering the this person is a former LEO, ( trained, experienced, etc.) this happening shows just how flawed the law is. Yes "miscalculations" may occur and then again some things can't always be foreseen. The other real issue is the reaction to the gun from the public, otherwise it would equate to a woman's skirt blowing up in the wind, some might get a little shocked or even excited but nobody would panic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom