My turn- Neighbor borrowed my riding mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I told him he could and he would need to put air in one of the front tires as it was a little low.
It's been low for 2 weeks sitting in the yard but not off the rim.
It usually holds air and does not go all the way flat.

Well with his arse on it must have flattened it of he mowed without putting air in it and that is what I think happened.
I was not home at the time but my wife was and said he only mowed his back yard and 1/2 of his front yard and then brought it back.

I get home and put the boat in the yard and walk past the mower and smell DOG SHEIT.
I do not have a dog.
Tires and under the deck covered in it and grass piled up on top of the deck which i am sure has doodoo all over it as he does not pick up the stuff.

I told him the flat tire i can deal with but all the dog crap all over the mower tires and the deck covered with grass is unacceptable.
I then told him that's why the deck rotted out on you.
You left the poo and grass all over it.

Yea it used to be his riding mower but it died on him and the deck was rotted so bad you could drop beer cans through the holes and the shafts that hold the blades sat crooked because the deck was rotted and missing around them.

I was given that mower for mowing his yard for free for over 2 years.
Now he borrows it because I am no longer willing to mow for free for him.
He works at tinker and makes 4x what i do and wants free yard service.

I fixed the tire.
It had sticky grass all over it and on the beads since he mowed some with it broke down.
Cleaned the bead and it took air and I found the small leak and plugged it.
A tiny sand bur sticker hole.
I had to fix it as I needed to move my boat around the yard and wanted to use it for that.

jtmcglothin

You’ve got a fren in me
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy growing up whose parents would help out anyone they could. They let another family they were friends with borrow a spare car they had when theirs broke down until they could get theirs fixed the next payday. They got it returned 8 months later once it started having issues and the family decided to finally fix their car. It had 12k more miles on it than when it was lent out and the oil had not been changed once. There’s a very fine line between helping people and being taken advantage of, and if you’re not careful you find yourself on the wrong side of that line.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a very fine line between helping people and being taken advantage of, and if you’re not careful you find yourself on the wrong side of that linline.
Alot of truth to that! I used to be one of the first to volunteer my help or something I had to those in need. Way toooo many times taken advantage of. Today I'm way more cautious to what and who I offer help. I have lost more than $5K in personal property twice( 4 wheeler one year old, changed oil didn't tighten drain plug, slung rod thru crankcase, another time they tore the rear-end and trans out of a truck, trying to use it as a tractor.) No offer to even help make it right. The truck, they called my wife and told her I could come get it. Didn't mention I needed a trailer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom