My view... right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing moving.

I think the wind is keeping them all bedded down.

Dammit.
518215d5b8b37b5b3e8269fe7c6abafc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Wind was howling in SE Oklahoma, nothing was moving!! Gave up the hunt at 11 am do to a crappy attitude LOL!! Always next weekend!!!:cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I gave it up. Just got home. Nice and toasty now but didn't see a damned thing again today. I'm now officially 0 for 2 days out this year.

Next weekend I have a couple days, I gotta make the best of it, or else learn to use my bow. lol

So I had to track down my blind this morning when I got there. Actually glad I didn't go in before dawn, I woulda been pissed trying to find and reset that damned thing before dawn in the cold and wind. I am sure it was that freak storm last Tuesday that had the 60MPH gusts. The tie down ropes were broken and the stakes were mostly GONE. they were the cheap plain jane steel ones that came with the blind. I already have a bag of a bunch of good ones, but I forgot them. On Friday I'ma try to go out mid afternoon and take some real rope and better stakes and get it good and set SOLID for the final weekend. Then be back for the real dawn watch on Saturday and maybe Sunday.

If you have the time to put into the bow you will enjoy it immensely!! But if you do not have the time get a crossbow !! They are easy and if ya get one that shoot 350 fps or above they are deadly out to 90 yards !!

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kind of tent stakes are made from rebar, thicker than the rebar in this photo. Made them myself a number of years ago. Mine are similar to this, but the "ear" is just straight out at a 45 degree angle from the shank. Have never had them pull out, but then we've never experienced the really high Oklahoma winds either.

[Broken External Image]

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first moved out on my place, in 1992, I had a home covey. They would just out in front of me fairly regularly, but I never got used to it.

Now, I haven't seen quail out here in 15 years. Too many houses nearby, everyone lets dogs run loose.
Dang shame too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom