Cox email moving to Yahoo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got and email saying from Cox that they are moving there mail to yahoo. At first I thought it was spam but now I'm not so sure. Anyone heard anything about this? I've had a cox.net email account for close to 30 years. My whole life it tied to that account.

Your Cox.net email will soon move to

Yahoo Mail​
We are in the home stretch! Within the next few weeks, Cox's email service and your Cox.net account will transition to Yahoo Mail. You can rest assured knowing you'll keep using your same Cox.net email address. After the move, Yahoo Mail will become your email provider and Cox will no longer manage or support your email services.​
When I ditched Cox 5 years ago I had to abandon an email address that I had for over 20 years. It was my firstname.lastname which I could not get at any other provider. I went with Gmail so I could be independent of any internet provider. There is a way in gmail that you can import all of the email from your old address. I have cox emails going back for at least 10 years that show up when I search in gmail.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I ditched Cox 5 years ago I had to abandon an email address that I had for over 20 years. It was my firstname.lastname which I could not get at any other provider. I went with Gmail so I could be independent of any internet provider. There is a way in gmail that you can import all of the email from your old address. I have cox emails going back for at least 10 years that show up when I search in gmail.
It's not the email address that Im concerned about its the bank accounts, forums, etc that all tied to that email address. For instance if I forget a password and have to do a reset it sends the link to that email. I have so many account tied to it now I know I would forget some and probably be locked out in that case.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the email address that Im concerned about its the bank accounts, forums, etc that all tied to that email address. For instance if I forget a password and have to do a reset it sends the link to that email. I have so many account tied to it now I know I would forget some and probably be locked out in that case.

Same here. That's why I've been proactively moving off of the Cox email and watching what comes trickling in every now and then. Banks, investment and CC companies are easy, not that many of them. Some accounts like PayPal that I don't use anymore I just close.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.cox.com/residential/support/coxnet-email-transitioning-to-yahoo.html

1709311856559.png

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was an effort to change what mattered, Cox allowed me access to the old email for several months after I ditched them. Haven't run into anything that actually mattered that I didn't get moved. I used password manager in the browser to help me see all of the different accounts.

cmeilahn

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
As ddriller said, AT&T switched a long time ago. Yahoo is the email provider for the “AT&T” email domain names. I still have and actually use my att.net address as my primary. I also have an alumni email address that changes to be serviced by gmail. The email addresses are the same but the processor is different.

My recommendation is to set up a secondary email on proton, hushmail or gmail and set that as your secondary recovery account every time you log in somewhere…. Then, the next time you log in switch the primary to whichever you want. I use a mix of account but really only use 3 general plus a secure one (proton mail - very highly recommended, and premium options are worth it if you want to pay)

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got and email saying from Cox that they are moving there mail to yahoo. At first I thought it was spam but now I'm not so sure. Anyone heard anything about this? I've had a cox.net email account for close to 30 years. My whole life it tied to that account.

Your Cox.net email will soon move to

Yahoo Mail​
We are in the home stretch! Within the next few weeks, Cox's email service and your Cox.net account will transition to Yahoo Mail. You can rest assured knowing you'll keep using your same Cox.net email address. After the move, Yahoo Mail will become your email provider and Cox will no longer manage or support your email services.​
Welcome to the Yahoo family . . . AT&T made the move years ago. Not that I even use the AT&T email account. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom