Cox email moving to Yahoo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got and email saying from Cox that they are moving there mail to yahoo. At first I thought it was spam but now I'm not so sure. Anyone heard anything about this? I've had a cox.net email account for close to 30 years. My whole life it tied to that account.

Your Cox.net email will soon move to

Yahoo Mail​
We are in the home stretch! Within the next few weeks, Cox's email service and your Cox.net account will transition to Yahoo Mail. You can rest assured knowing you'll keep using your same Cox.net email address. After the move, Yahoo Mail will become your email provider and Cox will no longer manage or support your email services.​

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does this also include the coxinet.net accounts? If it’s true, I hope the switch is seemless. I have 3 business coxinet.net accounts. I hope they are not messed up with the transition.

dabigboy

Marksman
Reaction score
Yahoo has become the dumping ground for ISPs that either go under, or simply can't be bothered to provide an actual email service to their customers....flash.net, swbell.net, prodigy.net etc, they all are hosted by Yahoo. I don't understand what's behind this except that most of these services, at least so far, are companies that got bought out by AT&T, and AT&T uses Yahoo for email. I work in IT and deal with Yahoo customers/victims on a regular basis. Based on the level of service I've experienced with Yahoo (non-existent), the security (laughable), and level of advertising that even paying users are subjected to (shameful), I'm guessing Yahoo is the cheapest game in town and that's why AT&T (and now Cox) buddied up with them.

I expect it will be like it is now for AT&T customers: you'll be stuck with Yahoo's servers, Yahoo's webmail, a Yahoo account, and all the hassle and middle-men and security issues that come with that. It's probably going to be awful. You'd be better off just getting a straight up free Yahoo account, except you'd lose your Cox.net address....in which case, best to just cut bait and go with a better email host in the first place.

Matt

Latest posts

Top Bottom