Mystery vehicle making traffic stops on I-35

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make that drive daily, and if someone in an unmarked vehicle not wearing a uniform attempts to stop me, I'm not stopping. If they want to stop med bad enough they'll call OHP for assistance at which point I will stop.

How would you know he's not wearing a uniform if he's behind you? Would you stop, and upon seeing him emerge sans uniform from his car, drive off?

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would you know he's not wearing a uniform if he's behind you? Would you stop, and upon seeing him emerge sans uniform from his car, drive off?

First of all, if the vehicle was not something know to be operated by police in the area I wouldn't even attempt to stop. If the vehicle, and lights, looked legit I would stop, but if whoever exited the vehicle was wearing something that looked sketchy, yes I would drive off. There was a story a few days back where some moron was stopping people with an IPhone app for lights wearing a t-shirt that said "Police" on it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I didn't answer SMS's 2nd question. Would a DA investigator be involved in a drug task force? I don't know much about them, clearly.

Yup...DA's Drug Task Force. Many counties have them and they work for the DA. My wife did a lot of work with Pott. County's in her previous career.

There could be a joint task force where the districts that straddle I-35 work in conjunction with each other, since it's such a heavily used drug trafficking route.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup...DA's Drug Task Force. Many counties have them and they work for the DA. My wife did a lot of work with Pott. County's in her previous career.

There could be a joint task force where the districts that straddle I-35 work in conjunction with each other, since it's such a heavily used drug trafficking route.

I see where that makes a certain kind of sense, but I still don't understand why he was so far south of his bailiwick. I see the OK County drug task force guys making stops all the time...in OK County. In their black Chargers that say "sheriff" on the side.

Then there's the other issue of "is this a good idea". The general public is unaware of DA having their own investigators in the first place. At I-35 and Waterloo, we are used to seeing OHP, Logan County, sometimes OK County, and Edmond PD, all in marked cars. Hence the calls into Logan County about "police impersonator". Curious to know if there were some angry calls between Sheriff Baumann's office and the Kay county DA? ;)

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it works now but, 22 years ago, when I was young and dumb, I was arrested by a municipality. As it turns out, the middle of the road was the dividing point between municipalities. I was on the opposite side of the road from the department that picked me up. The county judge threw out the case due to me being out of the arresting officer's jurisdiction. Luckily I dodged that bullet and have walked the straight and narrow ever since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom