Nagant purchase help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not sure about AIM Surplus for rifles, I think I bought a few accessories for my Mosin 91/30, when I had it, from them. The price seems about right. I don't expect you to find a better one from a dealer. There will be shipping and an FFL transfer, so take it into consideration. I am not familiar with Moore, but in Tulsa there are 2 places I know of that will do a transfer for OSA members for $10.00. I wouldn't pay more than $20.00 to transfer them in. About the gun, the 91/30's are a lot of fun to shoot. Mine would hit a steel plate at 500yds. about 50% of the time. Ammo is cheap and plentiful, and about that of the .308 ballistically. You may need to thoroughly clean and maybe even polish the chamber to get the rounds to eject after firing. Often the cosmoline will gunk them up. Heat can help to soften the cosmoline and then clean it while hot. Hope this helps. I know there are a ton of Mosin owners on this board who can help.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one from aimsurplus acouple of years ago. Great rifle, in good condition for a good price. Had no problem with the site and getting it to my ffl.(oklahoma police supply)

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I need an FFL holder, is this correct? I want a couple of these Mosins. I have never purchased a gun online like this so I don't know who to use.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=90

I want 2.

Also can anyone tell me about these guns? I hear they are loud. Is this a good deal on this type of gun?

I really like these rifles, mines a blast and the noise isn't that bad. Shoulder hurts a little after firing the whole day. But not that bad. I think you will like the mosin.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
in tulsa, i bought a 91/30 from tk supply for 129 after tax, a bit more expensive then ordering one, but i just wrote it off because i did not have to wait for it to ship or screw with ffl and shipping costs. it came with all the accessories like that too. and all the numbers matched on it, bore was excellent also.

i learned a bit about them when i was doing research before i bought one, they are super cheep for what they are, but at the same time once i had it i kind of wished i would have just put that money to use against something more modern. its not that its not a good gun, but if you want to put a scope on the 91/30 you have to either resort to a scout setup using pistol version scopes, or purchase additional components and or augmentations to get it setup with a bent bolt and perhaps drill and tap for a mount on the receiver.

if you are into the prestige of a nice old historic rifle then its an awesome gun, i can say loading it, shooting it and dealing with its quirks really shined a light for me when i thought that some solider used this gun in battle and had to overcome everything i am when shooting it, and he was being shot at.

i was not very accurate wit mine, and i couldn't tell if that was the sights or me. the kick was not too bad but i only fired 25 rounds and i am a fat guy anyway so ya know. it was kinda loud but i was using the foam ear plugs and it still wasn't a problem.

if you are serious about getting one, just start browsing the web for info about them.

i will post some links i still have bookmarked form when i was looking

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info...se,-440-rd-tins-/cPath/12_42/products_id/1789
has ammo cheep for the ordering.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinDisassembly.htm
is an exploded schematic.

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/finland.html
if i remember right this site had a lot of info about the various versions and markings and stuff.

i was told and it seemed true based on what i herd several times in my browsing, that the most popular version of the mosin nagant was the finnish made 34. supposed to be its receiver was better and its barrel was manufacturered and held to a higher standard for marksmanship.

also, if you get one, careful putting the bayonet on, mine was a real pain to get back off.

oh and about my mosin, i ended up giving it to a friend for his birthday, figured he could use it for his zombie plan better than i would. :rollingla

minihawk1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
go to gun shows they usually have them there cheaper than online and you don't have to go through the ffl business. just a regular backround check.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in tulsa, i bought a 91/30 from tk supply for 129 after tax, a bit more expensive then ordering one, but i just wrote it off because i did not have to wait for it to ship or screw with ffl and shipping costs. it came with all the accessories like that too. and all the numbers matched on it, bore was excellent also.

go to gun shows they usually have them there cheaper than online and you don't have to go through the ffl business. just a regular backround check.

TK supply is usually one of the few gun show vendors to have a big supply of Mosins.

The going rate at shows seems to be about $100 to $120 for your standard Mosin.

The days of sub $100 mosin's at gun shows is done. I think the supply is starting to show signs of finally being exhausted. It gets harder and harder to even find dealers who have them in bulk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom