Rem 700 6 creed barrel help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Remington 243 that has never been much of a shooter. I have 2 sons that have shot the gun, and we’ve all killed animals with it but it ain’t much of a shooter. My oldest son wants to rebarrel the 243 into a 6mm Creedmoor. I would love help from some of you more experienced guys. What barrel should I get? Can anybody point me in the right direction? I’d like a barrel to be threaded, fluted, and maybe a nut system like the savage to attach everything. Anyone help?

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma is home to some fantastic riflesmiths. However, it seems like you are wanting to go the way of the 'Remage'.

Literally a bunch of possibilities if you Google Remage barrels. I'd probably go with Southern Precision (Bugholes.com) with their Bugnut system.

If you're in Eastern Oklahoma, Matt Stewart of Stewart Rifles LLC is a fantastic dude to true your action and chamber a barrel for you. He's done three for me, and I have a multitude of one ragged hole groups to show off his work.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to take the guns that are not much of a shooter and hacksaw the barrel shooter and retest.
The little .243 has velocity to spare.
If it is a 22" I would go 18" hack and then chamfer the bore after the cut.
You are going to replace it anyway so what is the harm :)
I have a 19.25 " 6.5 CM and it now shoots very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom