Need a 4x4 ATV... any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a used 4 wheel drive ATV for doing lawn chores with, and some general blasting around on my land. What do y'all have, and what are the pros and cons of some of the models out there?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had several different ones. For that all around kinda work, I'd recommend a Polaris. They ride so good and thy are so easy to ride for anyone in the family.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say polaris. I own a sportsman 800EFI and a predator 500. Polaris is more expensive than some the others and some will scoff at the price but it is Ammerican made and built like a tank. They dont have the best gass milage but will go pretty much anywhere and some of the smaller ones FLOAT!. If you are wanting to save some money there are alot of good use ones out there if you look around. Good luck !

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heck, just buy a Rhino ...... Pricey but great machines ......... friend has one and uses it on his 300 acres. Powered by a Yamaha, 660cc.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Polaris Hawkeye 300 4x4 and a Sportsman 400 4x4, both good mid size machines, they don't make the mid-size models anymore but you should be able to find a good used one for a decent price. I use the Hawkeye to pull a trail mower around and it has yet to let me down. The 400 doesn't really like to go that slow for that long pulling the mower but it's been a good workhorse too, I use it to pull a ten foot trailer around our place to collect deadfall and brush and haul it back to my burn pile. I also use them to haul animals during hunting season. They're good versatile ATV's.
The other one I liked was the Kawasaki Bayou. Don't know if they come in four wheel drive but we had one growing up and it was a great little 250cc that could go places most full sized had trouble getting. It's kind of the reason I bought the mid size Polaris instead of full size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom