Need A Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, Fenix sells a mount for the E11. I think it's made by CAA.

You also gotta be aware of AA lights leaking and completely ruining your light if alkaline batts are used. The Energizer Ultimate Lithiums are what I use in this E11.

I have a "gently used" 4Sevens Mini Quark AA coming in the mail right now. It'll serve as my pocket light. I plan on feeding it a steady diet of Energizer Ultimate Lithium batts as well.

That's my bad man - I didn't even see your post about the mount. The E11 is good, but its a multi-mode light - is the first mode high or low?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's my bad man - I didn't even see your post about the mount. The E11 is good, but its a multi-mode light - is the first mode high or low?

Not really a "multi" mode light - just a high and a low. Actually, the reason I chose it is because it has LESS features than other comparable lights.

I know, I know...everybody's saying...uh...what? :ugh2:

When I set out looking for a small AA light I could put in a Mexpedition Micro Pocket Organizer, I didn't want one with a ton of "special features" like strobe, SOS, beacon and all that ********. A high and a low would suit me just fine. I also wanted a tailcap switch activation over a twister.

The Fenix E11 fit the bill. At first, it's measly price tag (around 25 bucks +/-) kinda scared me away, so I bought a Fenix LD15 instead. While the LD15 is a GOOD light, it's a twister not a tailcap. Surefires and their tailcap switches have ruined me. Therefore, I sold the LD15 and bought the Fenix E11.

Wow! What an awesome torch! :woohoo1:

Answering your question, it's not what I would call a "multi mode" light, it only has TWO settings - a high an a low. No strobe, no beacon, no SOS...just a high and a low.

The high comes in around 105 lumens. Because the throw on the E11 is not exactly HUGE, it reminds me a lot of the Surefire L4 with it's "wall of LED light." However, it'll light up an averaged sized room or a dark hallway like it's high noon.

Fenix says it's low setting rates at 32 lumens, but I think it's closer to 45 or 50 because it's not much less than the high. The low setting is considerably higher than the low on my Surefire LX2, which SF rates at 15 lumens.

The main reason I chose the Fenix E11 is it's simplicity of use.

Instead of twisting the bezel and cycling thru all the modes to get to the high or playing beat the clock and twisting it once then once again within one or two seconds, you can decide if you want high first or low first and it will ALWAYS stay thataway.

Let me explain.

When you insert a battery and tighten down the bezel, you are at the high setting - 105 lumens. Twist the bezel a quarter turn and you are at the low setting - 32 lumens. The E11 remembers where the bezel is and everytime you hit the tailcap switch, it will give you a high setting if the bezel is tightened down or it will give you the low setting if you leave the bezel unscrewed a tad.

This will never change over ANY period of time. If you want it on high CONSTANTLY (like me) just leave the bezel tightened down and everytime you hit the switch, you are gonna get the full 105 lumens. If the low setting is what you like, just turn the bezel a quarter turn and everytime you turn it on, it'll be at the low setting. It's just that simple. And you don't hafta turn the light off to change modes. If you have it on high and then wanna go instantly to low, just turn the bezel. If you are on low and then suddenly need more power, just turn the bezel. No more scrolling thru low, then mid to get to high. No more trying to remember if three turns is the high or if it's the strobe or... :scratch:

Easy-peasy. :D

I'm a die-hard Surefire guy first and last. But I gotta say, the Fenix E11 is an awesome light. One of the best I've ever owned. Here's a link to tell you more. :thumb:

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=151

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 more for the Fenix E11 - - personally prefer CR123s because of the long shelf life, but the Fenix is great for AAs.

That's one of the reasons I went with the Energizer "Ultimate Lithium" batteries in this Fenix E11 as well as my 4Sevens Mini Quark AA. That and the possibility of leakage which shouldn't happen with these batts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom