need advice on CC setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me put emphasis a couple points.

One, make sure the holster is sized to fit your body. What works on one size body (weight/height) may not work on another. This applies particularly to holsters that require a bunch of "real estate" side to side. Keep this in mind when holster shopping.

Two, a quality belt will make all the difference between carrying comfortably/securely and the droopy belt sag, with the likely accompanying back-ache. As far as leather goes, the Looper Leather double thickness gunbelt (with Kydex inner liner) is a very cost effective solution. http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/looper-reinforced-holster-belt.html As far as web synthetic belt, I would go no less than a 5.11 double sided (two colors) TDU type belt. Other makers produce similar products; don't go a lesser spec though. Personally I prefer 1.75" belts, but you will find that the 1.50" belts are easier to find.

Razorback01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm am turning 21 in a few months and hope to get my CCW a soon as possible. i have been looking at different options for my EDC. i want to ask yall what you guys are carrying (firearm, holster, etc) i plan on carrying a .45 and probably a inside the waistband holster.
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I carry a Glock 17, 19, or 26 IWB in a Theis holster with a Theis "Jake" belt. The holster and belt combo are very good quality and super comfortable. He has a quick turn around time as well. His website is http://theisholsters.com/. Tremendous person to deal with.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many options for someone else to be able to tell you what to buy. Go to a LGS or a gun show and check out options...then pick what works best for you.

Oily_Guy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried a glock 36, then a 4" 1911 and now carry a 3" 1911. I don't have any problem carrying any of those all day. I have tried several holsters and have settled on a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It is the most comfortable I have found and is very easy to re-holster the weapon (even in the car) after your get out of the Post Office or other "gun free zones". Ultimately, you will have to find what works best for you, but don't skimp on your holster!

Latest posts

Top Bottom