Need Advice on Night Vision Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like he who rules the night rules, so I'm looking at getting night vision equipment. I know this is broad, but I would like your advice. Who has it, has used it, what do you recommend? Would be used for night hog hunting, patrolling for coyotes, etc. Any guidance would be appreciated.

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an ITT gen3 and a gen2plus scope. They are pretty close in quality although the scope benefits a bit more from the IR illuminator. Never seen a gen 1 that I could stand looking through.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TNVC.com has good prices, and they know NV inside and out. When it comes time to buy, check with Harsh Firearms here locally, I believe he got set up as a dealer this year at SHOT show.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some sort of Russian night-vision scope..it's like a stone-age generation piece of hardware. It does work..and the darker it is..the better it works. Does have an infrared illuminator

At one time..I had it rigged up on a Ruger 10/22 and used it for a bit of night-time coyote hunting as I was having issues with baby calves disappearing.

Whatever brand my Russian NV scope is(ATN I think?)...get something else!! Although I imagine the model I have is obsolete now..and it was fairly inexpensive at the time(mid 1990's)...it's just crude!

Latest posts

Top Bottom