need ALOT of S&W ID help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just a sample it is labeled as a model 272 .32 cal but I can't find any support online so I thought I would check here. If you feel up to the challenge pm me for the link to project. I am working on a huge firearm auctions for my father inlaw, so in no way am I posting it here I just need some help in the id department.

ai842.photobucket.com_albums_zz342_jbpoke_116.jpg

Any input would be great thanks.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W didn't have their model number system til sometime in the 50s. This particular revolver was known as a "hand ejector" and was built on the I frame.
So it looks like a pre war model then? What should it be labeled?

oh and ged this nothing compared to the whole lot of them I got more if you want a link

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it looks like a pre war model then? What should it be labeled?

oh and ged this nothing compared to the whole lot of them I got more if you want a link

Yeah that one is prewar. Most of the actual frames for these guns were built before the turn of the century in fact. As far as a label, there were some variations on the Hand Ejectors but from what I can see (and I am not an expert) this looks to be a 2nd Change model of 1903. Hopefully others will chime in.

Here's the cool thing: Most likely that revolver will shoot just as nice as it did 100 years ago.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is the link

Just to clear this up this is for id help not advertisement if you want to see more pics pm me
Sorry i just want to stay in the right

Latest posts

Top Bottom