need ALOT of S&W ID help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok sorry to change gears here i know as little about 1911s as i do smiths so some one help me out what makes this pistol so valuable

ai842.photobucket.com_albums_zz342_jbpoke_166.jpg

Cause there is a bunch in this list

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so how does that auction site work? clock counts down high bidder gets it?

I hate proxbid auctions
What they are doing usually is taking pre-bids there will be an actual auction you can attend and bid at.

Theres some guys (l&l Machineguns I think) that have a couple auctions on proxbid a couple times a year here in Tulsa.
Some things are fairly reasonable but most are way high because of the
online bidders going crazy.

JBarlow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah its kinda difficult to explain but there is a live auction on July 10th the best way i think is to set your max amount you would give and set the bid increments to what you like it wont start bidding till someone else out bids you and leave it till the live date and watch it then
just my .02 up to you

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dual tone 9MM Goldcup, kinda rare if its an original, and it looks to be.
According to my book the Goldcup was only in .45? I've never even heard of one in any other caliber. But I've noticed a couple of things out of kilter in my book and I'm no Colt expert either.
So if I need some help with the all the Colt 1911s any suggestions or people to contact.
Thanks guys yall have helped alot
Dr. Barry Greyson knows 1911's. He's on the board.

That .22 Jet should bring a nice price since you have it ALL and it appears to be in great condition. I wouldn't shoot that cylinder though. They were notorious for cracking and eroding the forcing cones. Kind of like the .357 Maximums that even Ruger single actions couldn't handle. There seems to a line that revolvers shouldn't go over and the .22 Jet definitely does.

Man there are some interesting pieces in that collection. :thumb:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
According to my book the Goldcup was only in .45? I've never even heard of one in any other caliber. But I've noticed a couple of things out of kilter in my book and I'm no Colt expert either.

Dr. Barry Greyson knows 1911's. He's on the board.

That .22 Jet should bring a nice price since you have it ALL and it appears to be in great condition. I wouldn't shoot that cylinder though. They were notorious for cracking and eroding the forcing cones. Kind of like the .357 Maximums that even Ruger single actions couldn't handle. There seems to a line that revolvers shouldn't go over and the .22 Jet definitely does.

Man there are some interesting pieces in that collection. :thumb:

Besides the gun shown, like I said not sure if its original, Colt made in the early 90's a run of only 1000 Colt GoldCups in stainless steel an chambered in 9MM for the european market. Most were sold through the Rod&Gun clubs in Germany. These guns came with documentation papers, and were marked 1 of 1000 sequentially. Unlike the regular Colt 1911 in 9MM that had the semi heavy barrel, these had a full heavy barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom