Need help with 22/45 Volquartson trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ruger 22/45 MKIII that I put a Volquartson target trigger in. This trigger has over and under travel adjustment screws. Took it to the range today and about 3/4 of the time you fire, I had to squeeze/pull the trigger 2 to 4 times before it would fire. We tried adjusting the over and under travel back and forth, even taking the adjustment screws completely out and tried it. For some reason it almost seems like the sear isn't engaging with this new trigger.

I called Volquartson and they have no idea what the problem is.

Anyone have any idea what the issue here might be???

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With the upper off, check to see that the disconnector is smooth moving, and is not bent. Thats the thing with the squar-ish hole stamped in it that sticks up out of the grip, the front end has a pin that goes into the trigger to pivot. you should be able to push it down with a finger and it will pop back up.

if that part is fine, take it back to stock and see how that works. If its still jacked up, you either bent or messed up a part, or you assembled it incorrectly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom