Need some help for Handgunlaws.us

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there wording in the SDA or otherwise that specifies what "No Guns" sign is to be used to post property.

Handgunlaws.us is setting up a new section that will show the offical sign for each state if there is one. I didn't find anything reading through the SDA quickly, But obviously, it could be placed some place else.

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zombie is right. In some of the prohibited by SDA locations such as Federal Bldgs I have seen the no guns/weapons icons but with the addition of the written law and penalties beneath it

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no standard sign - but a sign on a building does not remove our legal right to carry there unless it is somewhere prohibited by the SDA
First of all, it's only a matter of time before someone chimes in and tells you that its your God given right and therefore the legality of it doesn't matter.

Secondly, Zombie is right about no standard sign but...

BUSINESS OWNER’S RIGHTS
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, nothing contained in any provision of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title, shall be construed to limit, restrict or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of any person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity to control the possession of weapons on any property owned or controlled by the person or business entity.
B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing
firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, it's only a matter of time before someone chimes in and tells you that its your God given right and therefore the legality of it doesn't matter. Secondly, Zombie is right about no standard sign but...

BUSINESS OWNER’S RIGHTS
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, nothing contained in any provision of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title, shall be construed to limit, restrict or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of any person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity to control the possession of weapons on any property owned or controlled by the person or business entity.
B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing
firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle.

I knew that was inevitable, But I needed actual written legal info if it existed. Already had 21~1290.22 so thank's everyone.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The important thing is that for once representatives did something right. There is no penalty for carrying into a building that is marked with a no guns sticker as long as it is not an otherwise prohibited place such as a school, court house, bar, etc. All an owner can do is ask you to leave. If you chose not to leave, at that point you are trespassing and that is what you can be charged with.

Another important issue to consider is that the sign must be conspicuously placed. That means the sign at Toys-R-Us that is off to the right of the entrance two feet off the ground “not in my visual path” does not count. At least not in my book anyway. Concealed is concealed.

That said, I usually go way out of my way to not patronize establishments “Like Stillwater Milling Co.” that obviously don’t want my business anyway so it’s not a problem.

Waterfowler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it odd that "The Mill" would not honor the gun rights of their patrons, when they are catering to farmers and ranchers who are known, for the most part, as gun owners that often carry firearms with them.

Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom