Need to hear from the ladies who carry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife for years has carried her K9 in her purse. I for years have said this method is only a little better than carrying nothing at all. She began to complain of the weight of her purse while lugging an all steel 9mm in it. I purchased a Ruger LCR for her for Christmas and she just loves it so far. That being said she has also come to realize that holster carry is the way to go.
I need to hear from you ladies that carry on a daily basis. What type of holster do you use? OWB, IWB etc. What about wardrobe? I just need to point my wife in the right direction so she can choose a system that will be comfortable and functional. She will do the choosing.
She has an office job so her wardrobe needs to be appropriate for that. Help me out.
This is her new heater:
[Broken External Image]

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry in my purse almost exclusively now, especially in the summer. When I worked for lawyers the easiest thing for me was to carry in the waistband, in the small of my back (which is not generally recommended either) and just wore my suit jacket in the office all the time. My holster was one of those cheapo Uncle Mikes and my gun was a G26.

That's a nice revolver btw ...

one-non-blonde

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been carrying for about 3 years now. I have tried various calibers such a a .380, .45 compact, a full size .9mm (which is hard to conceal because I'm short), but carry a Springfield .40 subcompact on a regular basis.

I use IWB holsters. I have tried several kinds. I have a K&D with a thumb break that I really like. I also have a soft holster in case I have to stop somewhere after work, since I can't carry at work and have to keep my gun locked in the car.

I have a shoulder injury so I am limited where on my person I carry. I have tried different positions, but appendix carry I find is easy for concealment being female. I find looser tops make concealment a snap.

If your wife has any questions, feel free to PM me.

ONB

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im not female, but feel i should jump in on this. like SKTK135 had said, carrying in your purse is only a little better than carrying nothing at all. if a "bad guy" comes after a lady, aren't they usually trying to snatch the purse? if your boomstick is in your purse, and the bad guy has the purse, then things might get kinda hairy

Depends on how you carry your purse. If you carry it like a woman without a weapon in her purse, well, then, yah, you are asking for trouble. Bad guy isn't getting my purse because I don't carry it like it has lipstick and a comb in it. I carry it like it has a gun in it. Like I said, bad guy isn't getting my purse.

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another draw back to purse/fannypack carry is the difficulty in training with it. Hard to find a range where you can draw safely and fire. Has the same safety drawbacks as a shoulder holster. That is the main reason I don't use a shoulder holster. Can't train with it. Just a thought.

one-non-blonde

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also make a point of not fastening my coat when I'm out. Want to still have easy draw capabilities. I'd rather be a bit cold and safe than warm and struggling when I need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom