Need Where to Camp Recomendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some real good suggestions already.

Osage Hills is a good one that's pretty close, lots of hiking and fishing, buy a gps and go geocaching. We loved Robber's Cave, Greenleaf, Winding Stair, all already been mentioned.
Another if you don't mind traveling a few hours is Blanchard Springs area in Arkansas. I'd recommend trying to get a spot at Gunner's Pool campground. Tons of hiking, fishing, swimming, and Blanchard Springs caverns are pretty cool too. Lake Wedington isn't too far south of Siloam Springs, it's a nice campground with a lake and several miles of trails. Or the White Rock mountain area, already mentioned, is beautiful. There's a campground up on White Rock but there's also one down below it on a lake that shouldn't be too busy yet, can't remember the name.
If Missouri is in the cards, someone mentioned the Lake of the Ozarks area and I agree with that too, tons to do around there.

There's a book I'd recommend called Tent Camping the Ozarks, great guide to tons of campgrounds within driving distance of you. Covers eastern OK, western AR, and south west MO. Rates all the campgrounds, tells how easy they are to get to with maps, and tells when the busy times of year are.

Have fun!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned Chickasaw National Recreation Area. Their Cold Springs campground doesn't allow alcohol within peak camping season (April/May-Sept/Oct) and the park rangers do enforce this, so you're guaranteed not to be next to drunks, but if you're intolerant towards Latinos, that's not the place for you.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned Chickasaw National Recreation Area. Their Cold Springs campground doesn't allow alcohol within peak camping season (April/May-Sept/Oct) and the park rangers do enforce this, so you're guaranteed not to be next to drunks, but if you're intolerant towards Latinos, that's not the place for you.

Ummm I would rather be able to enjoy a few frosty beverages out of the cooler. I really don't want to be able to hear anyone else besides my self :rotflmao:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm I would rather be able to enjoy a few frosty beverages out of the cooler. I really don't want to be able to hear anyone else besides my self :rotflmao:

Well, the other side of their campground (forgot the name of it) allows booze year round, but those sites are stacked on top of each other.

I've never been to Natural Falls State Park, but it sounds like there's quite a bit of privacy there. It's ENE OK. I'm sure someone here has been and can clarify how the sites are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom