Needs some scope recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a 30-30 you surely don't need to go crazy with a high-powered variable. Probably something like a 1x-6x would be plenty and I certainly wouldn't want anything above 3x-9x. Bushnell Elite 3200, or vortex, Burris fulfield , mueller, Redfield, all of them I have read lots of good things about and they range from about $130 to $200. Of course zeiss is good but they will cost three times as much as your rifle is worth

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

For the scope, go with Leupold. Leupold's warranty is good even if you didn't buy the scope new which means there isn't a down side to buying a used one and the resale value is better. If your Bushnell scope goes on the flits, good luck with getting good warranty service.

If you're using a 30/30, you'll probably be using it on deer at ranges no more than 200 yards so you don't need a lot of power. A 3-9X scope would be plenty and even less would be OK. The crow was taken with a T/C Contender in 204 Ruger topped with a lowly Leupold 2-7X scope at a range of 311 yards.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
30-30 is a gun for close up shots. Unless your vision demands a scope, you can maximize the 30-30 with good iron sights. A scope will slow you down when getting on a deer. I echo the person who recommended a very low power scope if you decide you have to have one.

You can get more range with Hornady's LeverRevolution ammo. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom