Neighbor gave me a 3/8" crescent hammer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I never seen one until he handed it to me.
I do feel it will get a LOT of use.

View attachment 308727
There are two things that I see that could make that a better tool. In the Navy they would cut a portion of the bottom of the crescent wrench off and weld a marlin spike into the bottom. And then there is a brand I like that has a vise grip built into the crescent wrench. Perfect fit every time. No more rounding bolt heads.

Then you could have a marlin, hammer vise crescent wrench

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the refinery I worked in one of the older repairmen had a small ball peen hammer head welded to the handle end of a SnapOn 3/8" rachet for uncoupling pumps. This was 40 years ago when I first saw it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the complete set both Standard and Metric

adjustable wrenches.jpg

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend that wended two cheap 6” long 3/8”drive extensions together to form a “T”. Made a handy little T wrench that could have two different sockets (1/2” and 9/16” for example) both in hand and ready to use all the time. worked great for quick installation or removal of fasteners

scramp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google Crescent wrench hammer combo or mining wrench. They have a cool ratchet adapter for sockets on the handle end. Can't see the need for me as I am retired and no longer do field work, but a handy tool to have just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom