Never Doubt the Power of Swampratt's Corolla

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am blushing.
HA!.

House is way too nice, I would hate to pay the taxes and insurance on another house so just the carpet was hauled off.
I did leave him and his wife with some lumber and rebar though ;)
Swampratt did leave my wife and I some lumber and rebar that was totally unexpected but appreciated. My wife actually shed a tear when she came home from work and saw this pulling into the garage. She had seen pictures of others that Swampratt had built and loved them. Thanks Swampratt!

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 0

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swampratt is a great guy proud to have him as a friend hell of a getter done guy
The continuing saga of @swampratt.

Yesterday I purchased, (this is a story in itself) two (heavy to me) new Husky tool boxes and I needed some help unloading them. In desperation, I called @swampratt and asked his advice. I told him I had chains, 3 come-a-longs, a chain hoist, heavy-duty crank-down straps, and brains but no brawn.

We discussed installing a 4X4 on the ceiling for my chain hoist as an anchor point to use the come-a-long pulling the box out of the truck. Then using another come-a-long to stop the box from rolling off the back maybe even using my furniture dolly on the end as a safety to keep it from doing an endo.

Swampratt said he just got through mowing and had to, well I won't say what he said he had to so let's leave it at that, then he would be up to help me. I told him I had one box on the truck and we had to go get another one and unload it too just to make sure he knew the scope of work he was getting himself into. I said by the time you get here I will have everything set up.

About an hour later, I had just gotten done setting up the rig even wiring the chains together as a safety precaution and sat down in my chair with a cold glass of tea when my garage door opened and I heard KooKoo!"

I got up and half staggard, half dragged my ass to the door. He looked at my rigging and the box and said, "Hell, that ain't very big, grab this strap to keep it from falling on me, and proceeded to grab the box pulling it toward him, manhandling it off of the truck. He set it down on its wheels and grabbed the other end then smack, it was down on the ground! Holy Superman Batman! It was all I could do to lift that sucker with the handle from one end! They even used a forklift to set it in the truck.

Well now, it was time to go get the next box at the Orange Store. I made sure I had my receipt with me before we left. This time ol swampratt let them, three young guys, Oooof it into the truck and I strapped it down. We got back to the garage and tied another strap around the box as a handle and again, Superswampratt performed his magic act with me standing there in my backbrace and my mouth on the ground scraping in gravel not knowing what to do or even where to grab to even attempt to assist him.

I tried and tried to thank him by presenting him with gifts of garage bits and ends but he kept declining until I got to the two hitches. I finally got rid of those shin biters, I mean he gracefully took them off of my hands. If nothing else he can sell them for scrap.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No that is good metal and I love a good hitch. I have saved one for over 15 years before I stuck it on something.. my 57 chevy car :)

I feel like I made out like a bandit, as many know I love some metal.

I heard KooKoo!"
Man you must have been 1/2 asleep as it was KAW KAW.
Crow call.

:)
OH I melted styrfoam in medium paint reducer I had and made a thick clear coating I brushed on an old cedar log I just slabbed.

We will see how waterproof it is.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The continuing saga of @swampratt.

Yesterday I purchased, (this is a story in itself) two (heavy to me) new Husky tool boxes and I needed some help unloading them. In desperation, I called @swampratt and asked his advice. I told him I had chains, 3 come-a-longs, a chain hoist, heavy-duty crank-down straps, and brains but no brawn.

We discussed installing a 4X4 on the ceiling for my chain hoist as an anchor point to use the come-a-long pulling the box out of the truck. Then using another come-a-long to stop the box from rolling off the back maybe even using my furniture dolly on the end as a safety to keep it from doing an endo.

Swampratt said he just got through mowing and had to, well I won't say what he said he had to so let's leave it at that, then he would be up to help me. I told him I had one box on the truck and we had to go get another one and unload it too just to make sure he knew the scope of work he was getting himself into. I said by the time you get here I will have everything set up.

About an hour later, I had just gotten done setting up the rig even wiring the chains together as a safety precaution and sat down in my chair with a cold glass of tea when my garage door opened and I heard KooKoo!"

I got up and half staggard, half dragged my ass to the door. He looked at my rigging and the box and said, "Hell, that ain't very big, grab this strap to keep it from falling on me, and proceeded to grab the box pulling it toward him, manhandling it off of the truck. He set it down on its wheels and grabbed the other end then smack, it was down on the ground! Holy Superman Batman! It was all I could do to lift that sucker with the handle from one end! They even used a forklift to set it in the truck.

Well now, it was time to go get the next box at the Orange Store. I made sure I had my receipt with me before we left. This time ol swampratt let them, three young guys, Oooof it into the truck and I strapped it down. We got back to the garage and tied another strap around the box as a handle and again, Superswampratt performed his magic act with me standing there in my backbrace and my mouth on the ground scraping in gravel not knowing what to do or even where to grab to even attempt to assist him.

I tried and tried to thank him by presenting him with gifts of garage bits and ends but he kept declining until I got to the two hitches. I finally got rid of those shin biters, I mean he gracefully took them off of my hands. If nothing else he can sell them for scrap.
Great to help where you can! good dude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom