never knew 7.62x39 ammo was worth .50-65 a round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wow....did no one purchase before the mass hysteria? I mean if you own an ak or sks, why the hell wouldn't you purchase in qty the most needed portion next to the rifle. I have seen the ammo double and then some since the early 90's, but this is crazy. I would put the rifle on the back rack before I paid that.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only have a few hundred rounds. I guess I was not prepared, but I just don't shoot the AK-47 all that much. At those prices, I will buy brass and reload if I want to shoot.The AK-74, that's another story, I have plenty of 5.45x39.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a few hundred rounds in an eotw example will last quite a while with well aimed shots. And you mentioned having plenty of your primary. Same thing. This will die down, x39 ammo is some of the most common on the planet. No way is it going away forever, and not worth creating debt. Imagine how it is gonna feel when the market free's up and folks are in the mags and ammo deep. Not gonna be near as fun shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom