New 12ga semi...What to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpfeiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice....as for the chuck Norris altering shotgun i don't think i want to spend $4K on a shotgun but i'm not afraid of the $2k range.

I want something that will last.....i'm not afraid of new or used. And i am investigating all of the suggestions. I really appreciate the advice

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drooled allover some very nice shotguns at Sports World . Problem is I can't tell the difference between a 600$ o/u and a 1200 - 1600 gun . Rifles yes but not shotguns . Still doing my homework . Considering Beretta 391 & Browning Gold or Silver.

finnimus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Remington 105Cti is touted as an uber-gun, and will solve world starvation and make the Israelis and Palestenians engage in group hugs.

a buddy of mine bought one of these right after they came out and it jamed like crazy. He dumped it after about 200 rds. I'm told they have the problem rectified since.

a new shotgun by Beretta is the '___________" (i can't remember the name, Explor or something) I shot one the other day in 12 gauge and the lack or recoil is absolutely revolutionary. the reduction in recoil is not hype. it is about $1600.

The Beretta A400 Explor. I bought one for my dad and took it for a run before I gave it to him (you know, to make sure it was safe...) Truely amazing gun, worth every penny. I don't really like the green receiver, but I could live with it. Hands down the easiest teardown and cleanup of any gas operated shotgun I've ever handled.

I own the SBE2, Silverhunter, Xtrema, 1100, 1187, and on and on. I look at shotguns like women look at shoes, need something for every occasion. But when I'm going to the range or pheasant hunting, I'm taking an over/under. I just shoot them better, and breakdown and maintenance is child play. You can spend a small fortune on a collection of o/u, but once you start, you'll never look at a semi auto the same again.
I've shot about all the "within common sense" price ranges of o/u. Never met one I didn't like, but I like some a lot more than others. Browning Citoris with english/straight stocks are my favorites. The new Cynergy is also nice. I wouldn't buy anything that didn't have ejectors, other than that it's hard to go wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom