New Acquisition(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first handgun I ever bought was a Ruger Single Six 22/22mag, and I’ve owned several Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks over the years but never a Ruger double action. I’ve been on a revolver kick lately and decided to try one. A couple days ago I was looking on a local online gun classified page, and I found a guy selling a Ruger Speed Six and a SP101 within reasonable driving distance. I met up with the guy yesterday and ended up buying them both.
CC778CA2-CB1C-48AB-9C22-DB0972D84160.jpeg

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't need that speed six, just relax and look into my eye's. You Don't need that Speed Six, give it to me. Your eyes are getting heavy.
I don’t “need” either of them. I couldn’t decide which one I liked the best, so that’s why I bought them both. I may end up selling one of them at some point, but after putting about 100 rounds through each, I STILL can’t decide which one I like best. :anyone:

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t “need” either of them. I couldn’t decide which one I liked the best, so that’s why I bought them both. I may end up selling one of them at some point, but after putting about 100 rounds through each, I STILL can’t decide which one I like best. :anyone:
If I had to decide between the two, no problem; I'd shed the SP101in a heartbeat to keep the Speed Six.

I've been keeping my eye out for a Speed Six for several years. I saw one for sale a few years ago on Armslist (back when that was a thing) at 5am. I waited until 7am to call the guy, tryin to be polite.
He chuckled, said he had just hung up with another guy that was in his way to buy it. Buyer was driving from Norman to Stillwater. In rush hour.
That's as close as I've ever gotten.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The value on those speed sixes has went through the roof. Nice score.
Yes sir, I fully realize that. I probably paid a little too much, but I haven’t seen a Speed Six for sale in a long time and haven’t seen a SP101 within reasonable driving distance either. This was a super easy transaction, and the guns are both in great shape.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an SP-101 in 22lr and it is an excellent little gun. Admittedly not much to go by but from my experiences with my gun, I think that you would be well-served by yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom