New Buckmark Camper!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after searching and searching for a used one on this forum, I finally pulled the trigger (get it? :-) on a new Buckmark Camper stainless at Outdoor America.

Man.. was that place a zoo today!

I hope I made the right choice. It seems like a very tight, solid gun. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but will tomorrow.. a couple of questions -

1. I already don't like the front site.. I'd like to put something fiber optic on it. is that hard to do yourself? Recommendations?

2. The slide locks back when you rack the slide.. I assume that doesn't happen when you chamber a round?

3. is there anything special I should do to clean/maintain this gun?

Thanks for any guidance.

B

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after searching and searching for a used one on this forum, I finally pulled the trigger (get it? :-) on a new Buckmark Camper stainless at Outdoor America.

Man.. was that place a zoo today!

I hope I made the right choice. It seems like a very tight, solid gun. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but will tomorrow.. a couple of questions -

1. I already don't like the front site.. I'd like to put something fiber optic on it. is that hard to do yourself? Recommendations?

2. The slide locks back when you rack the slide.. I assume that doesn't happen when you chamber a round?

3. is there anything special I should do to clean/maintain this gun?

Thanks for any guidance.

B

2. it should only lock back with an empty mag in the gun. It should function normally when the mag has bulletts in it. Is this not the case?

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maverick - yes you did! :-)

ssgrock - Academy only had one model and it was the very basic camper. I liked the stainless better.

B

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pistol blutch...I have always been a ruger mk2 kind of guy, but these campers are growing on me, and now I find you can get a barrel threaded for them, I am going to have to pick one up.. Stainless really is the way to go..Enjoy.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$324 plus tax. I shot it out at the gun club today. Cold as hell. GREAT gun!

I was a bit bothered that it won't knock down even the rimfire steel targets at the plinking range when you hit them unless you move way up and hit the very top of the target.

Also.. maybe someone knows this.. is there any chance I could replace the front site on the stainless Camper with the fiber optic site on in my M&P Pro which I am going to replace? I know its a long shot.

Anyone have that link to the directions on reversing the spring in the buckmark to improve the trigger. The trigger is already very good, but it looked easy to do.

B

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HiViz makes a front sight with adjustable colors and thicknesses. I have one for my Ruger Mark II. The part number is HRB1001, and I bought mine online from MidwayUSA.

Installation is a cinch - just remove the front sight screw and replace with new sight and the provided replacement screw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom