New Case prep station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After several hundred cases being prepped over last couple weeks my hands/fingers had enough. Read up on the RCBS, Lyman, Hornady, Frankford Arsenal case prep stations and decided to go with the Frankford Arsenal with 4 station heads. The ability to sit station vertical or horizontal was a big plus. They all seem to have few bad reviews about some having a little wobble in one or more station heads. Got mine and found one head is true enough for any case prep operation, so I used it for military crimp removal. The other two are plenty good enough for inside/outside case mouth deburring. The case trimmer does (bottle neck cases only) and works great so far. Have only trimmed and removed primer crimp 700 223 rem cases, 100 221 FB cases. After a little use I can repeat trim length easier than my manual RCBS trimmer.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frankford makes some nice stuff, i have their wet tumbler and really like it. i bought a Lyman (gasp) case prep and have used it for several thousand rounds. use Little Crow for trimming cases on a drill press

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With trimming off the shoulder datum.
Do you guys crimp those rounds you trim like that?
Some cases in a batch of sized cases will more than likely have the shoulder datum at different spots.
When you guys trim like that and then measure OAL of the case what tolerances do you end up with?

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may crimp some AR 223 rounds.
After getting familiar with the trimming station +/- .0005 was the norm.
After resizing the case with a shoulder, the datum should be the same.
Then the trimmer uses a collet that fits the case body and a bushing that centers off the shoulder to the cutter.
It seems just as good or better as how different cases need a little more crank on the manual rotary case trimmer collet that squeeze the base of the case on my manual RCBS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom