New CCI .22lr for ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching Guns and Ammo tv last night and they were useing some new ammo from CCI. Its CCI Tactical AR 22LR .
Its got 40gr bullets that are reshaped more rounded to feed better in AR's.I believe they said its Standard 22LR loads. I don't see it on the CCI website yet. Its sold in 375 rnd bulk packs at Cabelas for $19.99, sounds a little pricey to me, but I am glad somebody has brought to light the .22 feeding issues in some AR .22s. Anyone have any experience with these.

raymill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure, they were running them in a S&W MP15P .22 and the Sig 552. They were just saying how much more reliable they were and fed really good.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure, they were running them in a S&W MP15P .22 and the Sig 552. They were just saying how much more reliable they were and fed really good.

Lulz, I wouldn't say that's a fair test being that those are dedicated 22's built from the ground up as 22's and super reliable anyway. I've shot everything in my 522 with no malfunctions yet, probably at around 1k downrange at the moment.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My Spikes Tactical .22LR Upper seems to handle anything, including sub-sonics .... To keep it light, I mounted it on a Plum Crazy lower, which is fantastic for the price. Also has a factory 4# trigger on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom