New Glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amorak

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey guys, i stopped at stopped at cabela’s got some primers and a case cleaning liquid cleaner I will try and see if it works better, looked at the new glocks, there was a customer right next to me listening while I was

Asking the sales guy questions, the other guy, the customer, stepped up and answered the questions, I asked the cabelas guy about the mags, heard that they were NOT interchangeable with the old glocks, (a big mistake I think) the know it all customer next to me says that is true cause the new glocks now have a ambidexterous safety!! I said oh really, does that mean my finger on my left hand and right hand BOTH are

Allowed now to work as the safety, do not think he got it.!!!! How funny, the cabelas sales guy and I had a big laugh about it. :hithead:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have an reversible (not ambi) mag release, so the magazines are notched on both sides. I have heard gen 4 mags will work in older guns, but to use an older mag in a new variant you must alter (notch) it.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
a review i read said that unless you switch the mag release to the left side then all previous mags will work. which makes sense seeing that the notch is on the right side of gen 3 and earlier mags

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey guys, i stopped at stopped at cabela’s got some primers and a case cleaning liquid cleaner I will try and see if it works better, looked at the new glocks, there was a customer right next to me listening while I was

Asking the sales guy questions, the other guy, the customer, stepped up and answered the questions, I asked the cabelas guy about the mags, heard that they were NOT interchangeable with the old glocks, (a big mistake I think) the know it all customer next to me says that is true cause the new glocks now have a ambidexterous safety!! I said oh really, does that mean my finger on my left hand and right hand BOTH are

Allowed now to work as the safety, do not think he got it.!!!! How funny, the cabelas sales guy and I had a big laugh about it. :hithead:

i never pay attention to people like this unless they are gray haired and look 55+, to me "age is experience" but its surprising how many people will butt:blahblah: in when your looking and asking someone else...

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to love it when the know-it-alls come out. I just keep my mouth shut when I go to the gun section/gun shop unless I'm asking a question of the guy behind the counter. Then again, there's no guarantee the guy behind the counter won't give you bad information too.