New gun control bill after NSA scandal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone think Obama and his liberal minions will try to shove anymore gun control down our throats after this NSA scandal any the spying. It would get my blood boiling if they tried anything after this big tornado that came thru. I watch all my political news on the blaze so i wont hear lies that 90% of americans want tighter gun laws (cnn). Ive noticed cheaper than dirts prices on some of there guns have gone and a bit like the MKA 1919 going up from 699 to like 850. So my fear is theres a lil somthing in the air thats not quite right. I no states have been having gun control legislation and ppl suing for that legislation but does anybody think there waiting for another shooting to push their commy agenda. Thanks to everyone who replied to my last thread

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only "Might" a new gun control bill be pushed after the next "Mass" shooting, the bill has already been drafted. It is sitting on a shelf just waiting for the next highly emotional tragedy to occur. It will seek to ban X with intention of successfully banning X-1. Each time they try and fail, they learn from their "mistakes" and tweak their approach the next time. It is a relentless constant push that will eventually erode the will to resist.

In a country of 300 million people, another tragedy like Newtown WILL occur. It is not if, but when.

Each time these tragedies occur and the media relentlessly and unanimously blames "Guns" for the tragedy with $billions worth of air time, psychologically vulnerable segments of the population begin to believe the logical fallacy (the trap) being sold by the media. With each tragedy, more and more people fall into "The Trap" and those already in it go from believing the trap is true to knowing it is. Combine that with the cultural conversion (demonizing guns) taking place in the public education ministry, and it won't be long before the the Second Amendment is finally abolished.

When leaders of "The Party" feel the time is right, the order will go out to the opinion leaders of the "Right Wing" of The Party to support the new Amendment abolishing the second. The news conference announcing Republican support for the new Amendment will probably go something like this:

"In light of the latest tragedy and those in the past, we simply cannot continue to support civilian firearm ownership. As long as criminals and the mentally ill have access to these deadly weapons, these tragedies will continue to occur. For that reason, we have, with much regret, made the difficult decision to join with the Brady Campaign, Mayors against Guns, and the majority of Americans from all walks of life who support this bill to get these weapons of mass destruction off our streets and out of the reach of these monsters."

It is a scary thought, but I fear it is more fact than fiction. If they can pass the Tyranny Act while referring to it as the Patriot Act, with a straight face, they are capable of anything. And us, we bought it, so pretty good indication we will buy ANYTHING as long as it has the right label - maybe something like "The Patriot Safety Amendment"?

Last edited:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some things are workig to our advantage.

In the past, the feds said that keeping up with paperwork on all gun owners is virtually impossible.
Yet, they spent the money to archive communications.
And while the technology is different, it does show that they don't have a problem with storing large amounts of records for future use.

Conservative groups were targeted by the IRS, probably with Obama and his admin bhind it.
Even if they weren't, it's just about as scary that the director of the IRS chose to do this.

The BAFTE director may one day decide to do the same, with or without the admin knowing.

Hussein Obama has come down in the polls, and today's news shows him to be less trusted than ever before. (Not by us, we alread did.)

In recent days, multiple shootings have taken place, but the admin has been quiet as compared to the multiple shootings that took place during the gun grabbing earlier.
My guess is that part of the reason is that now when pro-Second people start talking about it being about disarming the people, it won't sound so farfetched to the average person on the street, and perhaps Obama doesn't seem kinda' like a dictator after all.

The media is not so excited about Hussein Obama these days either, what with Holder intimidating investigative reporters.

This doesn't mean we're home free by any means, but since virtually every American has now been subject to federal scrutiny as well as the media, gun owners being targeted for reasons other than stopping a school killing doesn't seem to far fetched.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely yes.

This is a "battle" that never ends in the minds of the gun control proponents. Go look at who was pushing both the Brady Bill and the AWB in the early 90s, and then take a look at who the face of the current gun control push. These are not two separate eras or events to these folks; it is all part of the same struggle to implement an agenda over however long it takes to do so.

Here's a little reading from 1990. Notice any similarities?

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/12/09/m...rget-the-gun-lobby.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

This is a long game...and gun control proponents have been playing the long game since the beginning. RKBA proponents must do the same.

I definitely would not expect any short-term scandals to derail the effort...no more than any of the other political scandals since 1990 have.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a little reading from 1990. Notice any similarities?

OK... that's one side. But notice our side and how things have changed as well. People in 1990 would never believe how widespread concealed carry laws are now. Or that we would get some positive Supreme Court decisions. Or that the anti's would pass an assault weapons law and then be forced to watch it sunset ten years later.

I was seven when the 1968 gun control act passed. By the 1970's the anti-handgun hysteria was in full swing. I remember my Dad buying a little .38 revolver "off the books" because it was "just a matter of time before they ban them all and collect the existing ones." Forty years have gone by and we have a LOT more gun rights now than we did then. I've argued with a lot of gun control types over the years and after you defeat many of their arguments with logic, many will fall back on "gun control is the inevitable trend in history." My lifetime experience suggests that's not really true. We fear the internet and widespread "Big Brother" but the flip side is that gun people are much more in touch with each other today. We don't have to wait a month for the next American Rifleman to come out. We are online talking to each other and organizing.

IMO, the nearly universal success of concealed carry laws was devastating to gun control types. They couldn't argue that the "common people" couldn't be trusted with guns anymore. Then the failure of the AWB being renewed.... plus Congressional testimony by the FBI that it didn't affect crime... strike two. Recent Supreme Court decisions are threatening to make it strike three.

Honestly, wouldn't you have higher expectations of success on our side than on theirs? They are demoralized and the recent failures made it even worse. All those children killed with just the kind of weapon they want to ban, full support by the Senate Democrats and some Republicans, full support of the President and Vice-President and ...... squat! I would laugh at them but they are kind of bitter right now!

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK... that's one side. But notice our side and how things have changed as well. People in 1990 would never believe how widespread concealed carry laws are now. Or that we would get some positive Supreme Court decisions. Or that the anti's would pass an assault weapons law and then be forced to watch it sunset ten years later.

I was seven when the 1968 gun control act passed. By the 1970's the anti-handgun hysteria was in full swing. I remember my Dad buying a little .38 revolver "off the books" because it was "just a matter of time before they ban them all and collect the existing ones." Forty years have gone by and we have a LOT more gun rights now than we did then. I've argued with a lot of gun control types over the years and after you defeat many of their arguments with logic, many will fall back on "gun control is the inevitable trend in history." My lifetime experience suggests that's not really true. We fear the internet and widespread "Big Brother" but the flip side is that gun people are much more in touch with each other today. We don't have to wait a month for the next American Rifleman to come out. We are online talking to each other and organizing.

IMO, the nearly universal success of concealed carry laws was devastating to gun control types. They couldn't argue that the "common people" couldn't be trusted with guns anymore. Then the failure of the AWB being renewed.... plus Congressional testimony by the FBI that it didn't affect crime... strike two. Recent Supreme Court decisions are threatening to make it strike three.

Honestly, wouldn't you have higher expectations of success on our side than on theirs? They are demoralized and the recent failures made it even worse. All those children killed with just the kind of weapon they want to ban, full support by the Senate Democrats and some Republicans, full support of the President and Vice-President and ...... squat! I would laugh at them but they are kind of bitter right now!

You make some great points. However, I think they (2nd Amendment Abolitionists) have been learning from their mistakes and have finally come up with the "Nuclear Weapon" in this conflict.

Their tactic in the past has been a full frontal assault which has been largely unsuccessful in much of the country as you pointed out. However, their new tactic is a flank assault from behind the lines - utilizing the Public School System to change the culture by brain washing our children.

This is why you hear so many stories about children being suspended for making a finger gun, saying "Gun", or even wearing a pro 2A shirt. All this is intended to equate guns with violence in the minds of the next generation, to change the culture from within.

I fear this strategy will prove much more effective than even the most cynical among us can ever imagine - for that reason I see it as the "Nuclear Option".

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You make some great points. However, I think they (2nd Amendment Abolitionists) have been learning from their mistakes and have finally come up with the "Nuclear Weapon" in this conflict.

Their tactic in the past has been a full frontal assault which has been largely unsuccessful in much of the country as you pointed out. However, their new tactic is a flank assault from behind the lines - utilizing the Public School System to change the culture by brain washing our children.

This is why you hear so many stories about children being suspended for making a finger gun, saying "Gun", or even wearing a pro 2A shirt. All this is intended to equate guns with violence in the minds of the next generation, to change the culture from within.

I fear this strategy will prove much more effective than even the most cynical among us can ever imagine - for that reason I see it as the "Nuclear Option".

Combat this by teaching your children about firearms and gun safety. Teach them to shoot and encourage them to bring a friend along.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Combat this by teaching your children about firearms and gun safety. Teach them to shoot and encourage them to bring a friend along.

Agreed, that Is a start, but I fear not nearly enough on its own. The school system has six to eight hours a day to warp the minds of our children. How many hours a day do we have to straighten them out when both parents must work outside the home to pay the bills then work some more inside the home to keep up the house? Add to that the fact it takes more time, skill and effort to straighten something than it does to warp it. If there is any doubt to that, run over your bicycle then straighten out the damage. Which took longer? It is exactly the same with a child's mind.

Add to that, many parents neutral on the issue don't care enough to undue the damage and we have a future where the offspring of the neutrals of today will join forces with the Second Amendment Abolitionists of tomorrow.

We have to recognize what is going on and demand a stop to it. That is the only chance for long term survival, not just for the Second Amendment, but for the entire Bill of Rights which were engineered solely to protect the people from the ever present threat of Government Tyranny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom