New guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are collectible firearms which value lies heavily in their condition; "unfired" carries a greater weight with these firearms than with non-collectible firearms. For example, a M1 gasp trap Garand with authenticated documentation proving it's in the original factory configuration with all the as-installed parts still intact - something like that would easily carry a five-digit price tag, if it's in unfired condition. The same firearm with dings and scratches would still carry a hefty premium over a "garden variety" M1 Garand that's been through the arsenal rebuild process, but would not be anywhere near as valuable as if it had been spared the wear and tear of range time.

I've had firearms like this - while they were not nearly as valuable as an original M1 Garand, they were pricey enough that I didn't care to take them to the range, especially since I had more worn examples for that purpose. These collectibles don't stay long in my safe, as I prefer to get some range time out of what I own.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy em, shoot em, sell em. Keep some until I get bored, or see something else I'd like to shoot. All my "keepers" have a purpose. Doesn't matter if I keep or sell them...I take care of all my guns and every one looks new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom