New guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"shoot 'em if you got 'em" is my motto. Only one I didn't shoot was an old shotgun I had.

Didn't seem safe because it was old and wobbly prolly made in the 1920's. I sold it ,a real wallhanger.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can't use something for it's intended purpose why buy it? I feel the same way about people that own older classic cars and don't drive them. If it's too nice where I feel I don't wanna shoot it/drive it I don't want it.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I have it I will shoot it. Dennis, I would have done the same thing. I got a tongue lashing from a guy at the range that saw me shooting a mint Colt Lightning. He said he had one and knew it was valuable...and that I was stupid for shooting it and reducing its value. Hmm, I told him I was doing my part to ensure that the value of his Colt was going up by shooting mine. :)

You should've asked him if he wanted to shoot it then if he said yes, say nevermind. HA!

I'm the guy that would shoot a gi 1911 without a second thought.

Gonewithwind

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy em to shoot em. I hate the reprocussions of using (not abusing, mind you). Minor wear takes away from appeal...but not many I allow to see mine anyway. However, I also have none "display worthy"...at least in my oppinion.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every gun i own has a purpose in life and sitting back and being admired for only its beauty isnt one of them. But yes i have a few that i dont shot anymore but only because they are unsafe to shoot and i dont wont to put them out in the world for someone else to get harmed by them.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind shooting then at all, my thing is keeping them clean and scratch free.

I told patrick when my Seekins lower came in to go ahead and scratch it for me because eventually it'll get dropped on the ground during weapons transition drills.. Nothing flashy or showy in my pile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom