New-ish to Oklahoma and looking for like-minded folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

View attachment 431644

I shoot at Wilshire, but haven't done any of the competitions there. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis so I'm afraid I wouldn't score very well at one. I have done some classes there though.
The competition can be between you and yourself

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm more "old guy" than "kiddo" considering Jimmy Carter was president when I was born so save room for me in that senior's league, we can see whose knees make more noise!

Oh honey ... Eisenhower was President when I entered this dimension ... 😉 So ... Yep ... You are a youngster. My oldest son was born about the same time you were. 🤦🤣🤣🤣

That said, it's not years it's the miles so you are welcome to join the Senior League. My knees are probably the ONLY thing on me that still work like they are supposed to. (🤔🤔😲AND the rest of you yahoos had better not start nothing with me and my knees!! 😉😬🤣🤣🤣)

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That might make you like the 4th youngest person here. Solid Gen X. Where are you moving from?
Well, I'm also an Extra class ham radio operator so I'm used to being the youngest guy by a few decades in my hobbies, lol!

I moved here from Ohio where I spent much of my life, but I also lived in DC for 10 years, Kentucky for 5, and Arizona for 1 (Afghanistan for 1 also I guess). I love it here in Oklahoma though and I hope this is home for a long time.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm also an Extra class ham radio operator so I'm used to being the youngest guy by a few decades in my hobbies, lol!

I moved here from Ohio where I spent much of my life, but I also lived in DC for 10 years, Kentucky for 5, and Arizona for 1 (Afghanistan for 1 also I guess). I love it here in Oklahoma though and I hope this is home for a long time.
There are a few Hams here, I dabble in it as a General (KI5UYO). You stationed here or move here for a civilian job?

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a few Hams here, I dabble in it as a General (KI5UYO). You stationed here or move here for a civilian job?
Civilian job, I got out of the army a few years ago. I ended up here because my wife and I were looking for a good place to raise our boys in a world seemingly gone crazy and Oklahoma fit the bill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom