New member, range question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oobray

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and new to OK. I'm moving from Dallas. I'm interested to find a range that has at least a 400 yard target. I looked at the OKC gun club website. 1) They seem pretty difficult to get a membership. 2) It seems you have to have your own steel targets. I'm interested in shooting paper first so I can get a feel of my 6.5 Grendel, and a load figured out before I shoot steel. Anyone know of a place I could shoot that far?

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you come out to tulsa be sure and try USSA out. We have a 300 yard rannge with both reactive steel and paper targets. We have some amazing pistol stages. I used to have a grendel. Which one did you get?

oobray

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually pretty excited, so far we really like Edmond and the OKC area. How far is Tulsa from OKC? I actually built my grendel from an ER Shaw barrel and Rock River upper reciever. Why did you get rid of you Grendel, if you don't mind me asking.

cutbait,

I couldn't find any info on thunderbird online. All I could find looks like just a gunstore named thunderbird.

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually pretty excited, so far we really like Edmond and the OKC area. How far is Tulsa from OKC? I actually built my grendel from an ER Shaw barrel and Rock River upper reciever. Why did you get rid of you Grendel, if you don't mind me asking.

cutbait,

I couldn't find any info on thunderbird online. All I could find looks like just a gunstore named thunderbird.

We are about 1.5hrs from OKC.
My grendel was inconsistent. Ammo was also sketchy at the time. Now after researching the chamber differences I would go with Les Bear. Its not the same chamber as Bill Alexanders, its better. Thats why the Les Bears always shoot, AA's are really hit and miss. Yes it shoots the same ammo, it has to do with the shoulder. Hard to explain but I can over the phone. Its an awesome round and I wouldnt mind buying a Les Bear but thats the only one I would touch. I have seen AA's shoot on occasion but out of 3 Saturn barrels only 1 would shoot. We tested the crap out of em. If you have any questions I can hook you up with a couple of Guru's and let you pick their brains.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

cutbait,

If you werent looking on this website, you wont find him. his login is TBIRD (?) just search "thunderbird range" on here.
Oh and saryan was talking about Tulsa. Thunderbird is roughly 15 minutes from Moore/Norman

Latest posts

Top Bottom