Range Ability with Your Handgun(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well ok, I'll do a little bragging. In 1978 I won the Okla. State Champ. in IHMSA in 2 classes, production revolver, using a Ruger 44 mag, and standing, Ruger again, but was open to any gun. 1st and 3rd, don't remember which.
About that same time I shot a little match, I don't remember the name, it was put on by a Norman cop named Royce Weddle, he was the National champion and trained the entire Norman PD on the course. They all had custom PPC guns and holsters and I walked up with a K38 in a holster that fit I don't know what, I was about 25 years old. Royce said he would not compete and money would go to the top three, when the smoke cleared I was in 3rd place. Royce had a change of heart and decided to shoot and of course won. He should have won worlds biggest assh*le award, sometimes you just eat your sh*t sandwich and move on.

Then there was the Heavy Varmint Regionals at the John Zink ranch, I won the 100 yrd aggregate, shot my barrel out and couldn't hardly keep it on paper at 200. Sat next to Red Cornelson who was won of the best ever, I can't remember the others.
I've had a pretty good time, and I've met some wonderful people. Sorry about going on about myself, kinda

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well ok, I'll do a little bragging. In 1978 I won the Okla. State Champ. in IHMSA in 2 classes, production revolver, using a Ruger 44 mag, and standing, Ruger again, but was open to any gun. 1st and 3rd, don't remember which.
About that same time I shot a little match, I don't remember the name, it was put on by a Norman cop named Royce Weddle, he was the National champion and trained the entire Norman PD on the course. They all had custom PPC guns and holsters and I walked up with a K38 in a holster that fit I don't know what, I was about 25 years old. Royce said he would not compete and money would go to the top three, when the smoke cleared I was in 3rd place. Royce had a change of heart and decided to shoot and of course won. He should have won worlds biggest assh*le award, sometimes you just eat your sh*t sandwich and move on.

Then there was the Heavy Varmint Regionals at the John Zink ranch, I won the 100 yrd aggregate, shot my barrel out and couldn't hardly keep it on paper at 200. Sat next to Red Cornelson who was won of the best ever, I can't remember the others.
I've had a pretty good time, and I've met some wonderful people. Sorry about going on about myself, kinda
I competed in IHMSA for over 25 yrs. and was the Match Dir. for four years (2000-2004) at TCGC in Norman.....always competed with XP-100's, Contenders and Encores in the creedmoor.

ihmsa.jpg

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I competed in IHMSA for over 25 yrs. and was the Match Dir. for four years (2000-2004) at TCGC in Norman.....always competed with XP-100's, Contenders and Encores in the creedmoor.

View attachment 404874
I think the first match I shot was at Tri City, I believe I used a Contender. Would have been around 75 76 77 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom