Range Ability with Your Handgun(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a life sized cardboard coyote cut-out a friend made me out at 200yds and shot at it with a bone stock CZ75bd, off hand using 115gn win ball, and hit it 3 or 4 times out of a full mag (16rds).

In my defence I was paying just as much attention to where my empties went, and retrieved each piece of brass after each shot.
I just lay a tarp down if I'm collecting brass. 👍

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually shoot a Glock 45 with a MRDS. My best score on the PPC Match 5 is a 581/600. I’m almost 100% at 100 yards slow fire, but fall to about 75% at 150 and 200 depends on the day. Those are on on IDPA sized steel targets. As far as speed, depends on the drill. I’m well within the Sage Cadence Standards. Those are a bit easier since you start aimed in with trigger finger indexed. 7 rounds in: 1.5 seconds @ 3 yards, 1.9 seconds @ 5 yards and 2.4 seconds @ 7. All to the A zone.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Five yards all DA with my S&W 681.

The first time in over two years of ANY shooting.

324193-G3.jpg

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that humanly possible? Kinda like me watching Tiger Woods play tournament golf. I wanted to quit playing right then. Way too hard to follow that act !
I shot Steel Challenge at OKCGC yesterday, we had several runs on our squad on smoke and hope that were low 2 seconds, a couple below 2. Best I could get was low 3’s.
You can go to PractiScore.com and look up OKCGC August Steel Challenge and look at all the times.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be a guy here who had a custom lime green M&P and could put all rounds in the same hole. He kept getting MRSA and was always in the hospital and I haven't seen him since then.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot USPSA and steel challenge for 10 or so years. Travel too much to do that any more.
Never broke 2 seconds on steel challenge. 2.1 was tops. B class in USPSA, A class in Steel Challenge.
Won 19th in the world championship of steel challenge for a peak. We have members that have won 1st place and are grand masters in their discipline which is an amazing pinnacle of the shooting sports.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot USPSA and steel challenge for 10 or so years. Travel too much to do that any more.
Never broke 2 seconds on steel challenge. 2.1 was tops. B class in USPSA, A class in Steel Challenge.
Won 19th in the world championship of steel challenge for a peak. We have members that have won 1st place and are grand masters in their discipline which is an amazing pinnacle of the shooting sports.
That is impressive shooting. Hopefully someday I'll get a chance to shoot with somebody of that caliber. (free training).

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting IHMSA for several years got me pretty good at shooting a Ruger single action. Handgun deer hunting I have 9 Whitetails.
When I held armed commission officer cert in KC I shot range qualification with Ruger P90, Sig 229 357, S&W 1076 10mm and Springfield XD 45 full size over the years and scored 98% always.
I shot some bowling pin and 3 gun match with the 10mm.
I cannot afford range time like I used to. Sad missin the people and cool guns.
IHMSA is the funnest thing I have ever done with handguns
Shot some IHMSA back in the 80's and it sure was fun. Standing big bore was my favorite with a Ruger single action in 357 mag. It took the 180 gr to consistently score the ram. Fun times

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to think I'm pretty good with my handguns, but I really need to shoot more. The problem is that Saturday is really the only good day for me to shoot and I'm usually too beat up and tired from the work week that I just lay around all day on Saturday. Maybe I need to join a gun club that is open on Sundays so I can go after church.

Anyways, this was my last time at the range. The middle target was my Walther PPS, the left was my VP9, the right was my M&P40 and the top was my Remington R1 1911 all at 10 yards.

Attachments

• zombie target.jpg
    zombie target.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom