Range Ability with Your Handgun(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all possess handguns we love/like/tolerate. How good are we? Shooting at paper targets at what distance. Shooting are metal targets at what distance.
I go to the range weekly and think my abilities are decent but nothing to really compare too. (forget the you-tube videos of the pro shooters at steel challenge. Five improbable hits in 2 1/2 seconds). Cheez !

How about your abilities?

And . . . do any of you get together as a shooting group?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all possess handguns we love/like/tolerate. How good are we? Shooting at paper targets at what distance. Shooting are metal targets at what distance.
I go to the range weekly and think my abilities are decent but nothing to really compare too. (forget the you-tube videos of the pro shooters at steel challenge. Five improbable hits in 2 1/2 seconds). Cheez !

Our range record for steel challenge with 5 shots on steel is 1.7 seconds. I was running the timer for that run. He is consistently under 2 seconds on Smoke and Hope stage.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our range record for steel challenge with 5 shots on steel is 1.7 seconds. I was running the timer for that run. He is consistently under 2 seconds on Smoke and Hope stage.
Is that humanly possible? Kinda like me watching Tiger Woods play tournament golf. I wanted to quit playing right then. Way too hard to follow that act !

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USPSA, IDPA, ICORE, Steel Challenge matches are all available in Oklahoma. Shooters are divided into Divisions based on type of gun, and Classes based on scores. And yes, you may be beaten by one of the Steel Challenge "Pros", only to find out she was a 13-year-old lady shooting a .22.
Something for everybody, and fun for all.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting IHMSA for several years got me pretty good at shooting a Ruger single action. Handgun deer hunting I have 9 Whitetails.
When I held armed commission officer cert in KC I shot range qualification with Ruger P90, Sig 229 357, S&W 1076 10mm and Springfield XD 45 full size over the years and scored 98% always.
I shot some bowling pin and 3 gun match with the 10mm.
I cannot afford range time like I used to. Sad missin the people and cool guns.
IHMSA is the funnest thing I have ever done with handguns

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a life sized cardboard coyote cut-out a friend made me out at 200yds and shot at it with a bone stock CZ75bd, off hand using 115gn win ball, and hit it 3 or 4 times out of a full mag (16rds).

In my defence I was paying just as much attention to where my empties went, and retrieved each piece of brass after each shot.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There used to be quiet a few members here that were master or grand master in uspsa. No idea how many now. I was C. My arms are too freaking long, and my patience too short, to be any better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom