New ODW fishing regulations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not illegal to use game fish as bait.
If you throw net a crappie, it cannot be kept and has to be returned to the water.
If you catch a crappie on hook and line, it's legal to use as cut bait.

But then you would be in possession of a game fish that has had its head or tail removed while actively engaged in fishing... I have been looking for a definitive answer on how this new regulation works and I can't figure it out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But then you would be in possession of a game fish that has had its head or tail removed while actively engaged in fishing... I have been looking for a definitive answer on how this new regulation works and I can't figure it out.

With the new regs it appears so, which would put it in conflict with what is still legal in the same regulations.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not illegal to use game fish as bait.
If you throw net a crappie, it cannot be kept and has to be returned to the water.
If you catch a crappie on hook and line, it's legal to use as cut bait.

I guess so. I was thinking of Arkansas and figured it was the same anywhere.

I know of some guides that got into some big trouble using small rainbow trout to catch giant stripers on Lake Hamilton.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is dumb. so four guys go sand bass fishing in a boat, only one can use the livewell and others have to have baskets hanging off the boat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom