New rifle hits the market - Larue Siete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I’m out of touch but why the calibers of 22-250 and 243? Maybe if I knew the twist rate of these barrels but, if they have the same twist as most manufacturers it’s not fast enough for ELD/VLD bullets. They don’t even offer a 6mm creedmoor or anything in 6mm other than the 243.

I’d rather spend my money on something like this with a 3/8moa guarantee.

https://www.gaprecision.net/custom-...cal-rifles/pinnacle-production-rifle-ppr.html
Primarily two things:
1. User input
2. They're all similar to a .308, so it's only a barrel change.

I'll bet there will be multiple other cartridge offerings outside of these initial ones if it becomes successful. I imagine 6mm CM and 6mm Rem and a few others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Primarily two things:
1. User input
2. They're all similar to a .308, so it's only a barrel change.

I'll bet there will be multiple other cartridge offerings outside of these initial ones if it becomes successful. I imagine 6mm CM and 6mm Rem and a few others.
The caliber selection is all messed up to me. It doesn’t make sense to offer a 6.5 CM and a 260 Remington. Those are dang near identical ballistically and I would give a slight edge to the 260. I guess they are trying to satisfy the traditionalist and modern shooter.

Maybe they realize heavy for caliber chamberings don’t necessarily need switch barrels so they’re not going to offer the better chamberings.

Freedom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stick with common ammo like 223, 243, 270, 308, 30-06. When the SHTF, you will have a better chance of finding something your gun can fire. During the last ammo shortage, I found widowed old ladies whose husbands had been shooters, were glad to get rid of boxes of ammo and empty brass.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stick with common ammo like 223, 243, 270, 308, 30-06. When the SHTF, you will have a better chance of finding something your gun can fire. During the last ammo shortage, I found widowed old ladies whose husbands had been shooters, were glad to get rid of boxes of ammo and empty brass.
Reminds me of a story a coworker told me about his grandpa. Said he started breaking gardens for a few old women around town. Said it wasn’t long before he never unloaded the tiller for all the plow work. 🤣

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are not recognizing that the caliber offerings are all short action 308W bolt face cartridges are you? The barrels being nothing but a different reamer to plunge in there. I wish they offered it in long action. I was really excited about the release of this rifle as well due to it's price, which for what it is I actually think is very reasonable, and because I like Larue's other products I've experienced. FB groups hated on Larue pretty hard though any time I brought it up.

soonerman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
25318C8D-8983-48F2-AC77-4AB4205FED00.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom