New Smokeless ML Field Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Got my first kill this saturday with my new .45 cal Slufoot conversion.

www.hunt101.com_data_500_doe19.JPG

Congrats!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how many people have tried to shoot the powerbelts from their Smokeless? I tried some on a whim once, even though the package said they weren't designed for any load over 100 grains of BP. They flew all over the place. I suspect the skirt couldn't take the heat from the smokeless powder.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder how many people have tried to shoot the powerbelts from their Smokeless? I tried some on a whim once, even though the package said they weren't designed for any load over 100 grains of BP. They flew all over the place. I suspect the skirt couldn't take the heat from the smokeless powder.

I did with a really low powder charge of 4227 on a whim like you. It was minute of deer vitals but that's about all I could get at best....................and I'm still proud to say that real BP, Pyrodex, 777 or White Hot Pellets have never had the chance to violate my Savage.....ever :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did with a really low powder charge of 4227 on a whim like you. It was minute of deer vitals but that's about all I could get at best....................and I'm still proud to say that real BP, Pyrodex, 777 or White Hot Pellets have never had the chance to violate my Savage.....ever :)

I've never contaminated mine either, but if one ever hunts Colorado, you will have to.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never contaminated mine either, but if one ever hunts Colorado, you will have to.

I saved my TC Omega from my pre-smokeless days for just such an event. That sucker has been collecting dust in my safe for at least 7 years. I could sale it, but just as soon as I do I will need it because I REFUSE to put that smoking crap in my smokeless guns.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody tried using the Barnes 300gr TSX in a muzzleloader conversion? I'm thinking of just replicating a conventional .45-70 load, but without a case and stuffed in from the front.

Latest posts

Top Bottom