New turn signal law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At 40 mph it takes all of 1.7 seconds to go 100 feet. At 45 mph it's only 1.5 seconds. So the cop is supposed to be the arbiter of 100 feet and use a speed gun, stop watch and calculator, right?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 40 mph it takes all of 1.7 seconds to go 100 feet. At 45 mph it's only 1.5 seconds. So the cop is supposed to be the arbiter of 100 feet and use a speed gun, stop watch and calculator, right?
This is what irritates me about the whole idea of this ordinance. How are the police supposed to prove that you didn't turn your blinker on at the right distance? I mean, they are the ones that should have to prove it, what with the while "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend killed in high school because some dickhead couldn't be bothered to use his turn signal. **** 'em, make it $500.

There are very few tasks while driving that are easier to do. Up for right, down for left.

Excuse my language. This is a sore subject, has been for 40 years.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend killed in high school because some dickhead couldn't be bothered to use his turn signal. **** 'em, make it $500.

There are very few tasks while driving that are easier to do. Up for right, down for left.

Excuse my language. This is a sore subject, has been for 40 years.

Obviously, this is a sensitive issue so I'm trying to tread lightly. Could you explain the situation a little more as to how that happened??

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously, this is a sensitive issue so I'm trying to tread lightly. Could you explain the situation a little more as to how that happened??

My best friend (Steve) was riding his motorcycle down a two lane road behind a car. The car was going a bit below the speed limit, so he went to pass. Just as he was going by, the car turned left and Steve hit the left front fender. He hit a fence post and was dead when the ambulance got there. Two cars behind him were planning on passing too and confirmed the facts.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best friend (Steve) was riding his motorcycle down a two lane road behind a car. The car was going a bit below the speed limit, so he went to pass. Just as he was going by, the car turned left and Steve hit the left front fender. He hit a fence post and was dead when the ambulance got there. Two cars behind him were planning on passing too and confirmed the facts.

Wow! That's rough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom