New Vehicule law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
We always put ours in the safe, but for some reason I always put the boat registration in the boat. I don't remember if its required for boats to have the registration onboard, but have always done it so there must have been a reason to trigger that?
Yes boats have required it as long as I can remember. I have been stopped by OHP before and checked on the lake and the road.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 25 years of driving,
I have never, ever had an officer ask for my "registration".
I think its a Hollywood movie thing to ask for "license & registration".
For me it has always been "license & proof of insurance".

I always keep it in the car anyway, otherwise, I would lose it. Then every few years I go thru & throw away the oldest papers.
I'll see you're 25 years and raise you 40 years in a bunch of states and it is required.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a boat since the 1980's and it was stated to me then registration needed to be in the boat.
I had it in a water tight pill bottle zip tied to the seat frame.
I was also told back then the registration needed to be in the vehicle and was asked for it and insurance and drivers license many times. MANY TIMES!

For the last few years i have not put the registration in my cars. Guess I need to start doing it again.

Thanks for the heads up.
I do not watch the news much so I miss updates on things.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea of keeping old tag, reg. papers seems a little redundant. What next, front and rear tags?

Years ago, I sold my car to a guy, we got title notarized. Months later he had a wreck and insurance called me. He never got a new title.

Latest posts

Top Bottom