New weed wacker.. hope it wasn't as mistake.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxr4life87

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a straight shaft echo 2 years ago and I havent looked back it still runs and looks brand new. I helped a coworker mow some lawns one weekend with his commercial grade equipment and im sold on stihl and echo especially the 5 year consumer warranty it always starts by the second pull.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So when is someone going to put up picks of their tacticool, mall ninja Magpul weed wacker held up by a VTAC sling?:hypnotize:

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, without being a thread pirate, which is better and why Stihl or Echo?
IMO, you can't go wrong with either. I can't see there being a time when you own one and wish you had gone with the other brand. For string trimmers, I'd go with Stihl, Echo or Shindaiwa. I have an Echo SRM-265T. The T model has 50% more torque than the regular 265. It's works well as a brush cutter.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, without being a thread pirate, which is better and why Stihl or Echo?

Sthil then Echo. Why? Both are comercial grade. Bult for heavy daily use by contractors, lawn maintinance etc. Echo is more in the OPs price range and will serve him well for many years.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Stihl trimmer last month. Combo unit with the edger attachment. It hurt to pay that much but oh so worth it. Not nearly the vibration my old trimmer had.

I went with Stihl out of personal preference.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my Sthil in 1990 and only changed the plug and the fuel line one time each. I mow around 3 acres and the little curve shaft trimmer has never failed me. I actually used it for about an hour yesterday. I try to take care of it, use only Sthil oil and it just seems to last forever..

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see this thread and went and picked up a cheapie 2 stroke curved shaft one from Lowes this morning. It's going back here in a few minutes. It didn't have enough power to even cut thick bermuda. It's a POS in my opinion and I'm gonna spend more coin on a better one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom